We seek a strategic legal mind who is passionate about providing sound legal advice that positions Caleres to win and appropriately manage the Companys risks and who have a high level of commitment to achieving the Companys objectives and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment to join our Legal team.
We are Caleres, a global footwear company with brands that fit peoples lives. We are ferocious about fit and living our mission of inspiring people to feel greatfeet first.
We seek people who:
- Develop and implements strategic approaches to managing the Companys litigation (Intellectual Property, Employment, Commercial, etc.).
- Collaborates on complex projects and supports other attorneys in the Legal Department in order to provide meaningful and practical advice and recommendations.
- Provides high quality, practical legal advice to business partners to advance business objectives.
- Have experience with both top law firms and some in-house counsel experience.
- The ability to manage litigation and other projects from beginning to end.
- Present strong communication and relationship building skills with both internal and external parties.
- Are highly organized with the ability to manage a robust workload and also work independently.
We seek people with these qualifications:
- JD required.
- Active membership in Missouri bar required.
- 10 years of in-house counsel or top tier law firm experience a combination of both is a plus.
- Communication, leadership, innovation, flexibility, multi-tasking, analysis, and process management.
- Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint).
But most of all, we seek people who share our values and our ferocity for fit.
People passionate about their work. People who hold themselves and others accountable. People who think a $2.8 billion company should be as creative as a start-up. People driven by an insatiable curiosity. People who care about being the best, among the best.
People who believe remarkable things are possible and will not stop striving for them.