About Dorilton Capital:
We represent the investment office of a European family and have no fixed investment period. We prefer to create value over the long term by reinventing cash flow while avoiding excessive leverage.
We work actively with existing management teams recognizing that long-term business success is the result of a team effort. Dorilton views its role as providing additional capital for acquisitions and growth projects and support and expertise to take its companies to the next level.
We partner with companies that are led by strong management teams and have a successful history and culture. We firmly believe in our companies continuing with the elements that made them successful.
About the Corporate Counsel:
The Corporate Counsel will be joining a growing legal department and will have a dual focus on a both general commercial matters and acquisitions, including due-diligence, integration, and post-integration matters as they pertain to transactions. In this role, you will be responsible for providing coverage on commercial contracting, corporate governance, corporate compliance, data privacy, information security, real estate matters and other general corporate matters. Additionally, you will closely partner with the Investments team and Merger Integrations team in the structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing of highly complex and strategic transactions, and also conduct legal due diligence throughout the transaction process. The ideal candidate for this role is proactive and resourceful, and knows how to collaborate with a variety of team members while also being an efficient individual contributor.
- Provide support on all aspects of sophisticated corporate and M&A transactions, typically including structuring transactions, drafting and negotiating term sheets and letters of intent, conducting and coordinating due diligence, negotiating transactions, drafting agreements (including transitions services agreements), and managing closings and post-acquisition integration.
- Proactively anticipate, identify, and escalate issues, developing and evaluating alternatives, providing advice and implementing solutions in regard to transactions.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of contracts for the portfolio companies, including supply, service, procurement, confidentiality, and employment agreements.
- Draft organizational documents, including bylaws, shareholders agreements, limited liability company agreements and corporate resolutions.
- Evaluate existing processes and implement new processes, as needed, in order to create efficient and streamlined operations surrounding contract review.
- Foster strong relationships across the organization and serve as a liaison between cross functional teams on special projects.
- Partner closely with portfolio companies to maintain contract management system and other databases.
- Conduct legal research as needed.
- Supervise outside counsel as needed.
- JD, Admitted to a State Bar (NY Preferred) with an excellent academic track record.
- 3 years of law firm experience, with a solid background of representing companies in a full range of corporate transactions.
- Demonstrated bias for action and capable of thriving in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- A self-starter, with a strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and capable of driving results.
- Excellent detail-orientation skills, with solid proofreading, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize workload.
- Practical and pragmatic demeanor, with a strong ability to make sound risk judgments.
- Strong collaborator, capable of working with colleagues to find an appropriate solution to enable work to move forward.
- Pleasant, diplomatic disposition, a good sense of humor, ability to adapt, and collaborative working style.
- Work smarter, not harder mentality; ability to utilize technology and tools to be more efficient and reduce busy work.