This is a client-facing position. It is expected that the Associate Counsel will establish productive relationships with our internal and external clients and business partners and foster a client-focused approach with respect to the performance of all Legal & Risk Management responsibilities.
- Assume leadership role in the negotiation, drafting and review of certain commercial contracts world-wide scope and assist senior attorneys on critical negotiations as needed.
- Establish strong, collaborative relationships with team members responsible for commercial contracting, including Business Development, Strategic Business Units, Clinical Operations, Business Operations and Finance.
- Ensure that the contracting process results in high-quality contracts that are completed in a quick and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the contracting process generates client goodwill that can be used as the foundation for long-term, collaborative relationships.
- Work closely with other members of the Legal & Risk Management department and provide training and mentorship to certain members of the team.
- Support the Companys ethics and compliance activities.
- Manage risks through practical, business-oriented counseling and the application of Company policies, processes, guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain a positive, results-oriented work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork.
- Communicate in an open, balanced and effective manner.
- Ensure contractual documents are processed and appropriately maintained in relevant systems.
- JD and Bar Admission (or foreign equivalent) required
Minimum Work Experience
- Strong professional experience as an attorney, minimum 5+ years law firm training (large multi-national law firm preferred) , and/or 5+ years in-house experience negotiating commercial contracts for a global corporation (preference for life sciences or technology).
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.