The Business Services Group maintains budget line item allocations across operations and Activity 5 Appropriations for the Air Traffic Organization.
**Due to the Pandemic, and individual states with different phases of reopening, your report date to your official duty station/facility will be delayed until such time as employees are allowed to report to the workplace. You may telework up to the maximum extent possible, up to and including full time, until it is safe to relocate.**
Learn more about this agency
*Applies analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to distribute allowances and perform execution activities and to serve as the Headquarters liaison between Service Areas and other ATO Resource Management Groups.
*Performs multiple, varying and complex assignments under the minimal direction of the Team Manager.
*Applies experience and comprehensive knowledge of the principles of financial management, the Federal budget process, and project planning to provide the analytical data required to prepare execution and financial reports.
*Applies budgeting process to initiate, plan and conduct the functional activities for assigned projects.
*Understands the cost implications and works with program managers to ensure cost effective business solutions and services are implemented and/or validated.
*Monitors obligations and expenditures, appropriations and authorizations, plans and allocations.
*Conducts requirements gathering, prioritization, and funds certification.
*Reviews, analyzes and evaluates financial transactions, invoices and discrepancies.
*Identifies potential deficiencies and determines need to submit requests for supplemental funds.
*Applies mathematical and/or statistical analyses skills.
*Applies experience using and developing automated tool such as spreadsheets, database software, and cost control systems to track, extract data, and prepare detailed reports and trend analysis to management.
*Prepares and coordinates budget information for internal management review and decision making.
*Develops statistical charts and graphs to clearly articulate trends or to highlight information that leads to data driven decision making.
*Acts as a point of contact to provide advice and guidance on the application of policies and procedures for funds certification.
*Provides analytical data for the development of various correspondence, reports and briefings to be used in presenting background information about ATO programs.
*Communicates ATO/FAA positions on policies and procedures.
Occasional travel – The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must submit an SF50 (See Required Documents)
Candidates must have one year (52 weeks) of SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE equivalent to at least the next lower grade level (FV-H or FG/GS-12) that is typically related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been at least equivalent to the next lower level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
*Experience analyzing financial data and trends to ensure compliance with applicable policies;
*Experience interpreting and applying federal budgetary policies and procedures to monitor expenditures.
- You should include relevant examples of the specialized experience in your work history. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or may result in you not being considered.
- Answer all questions to the best of your ability. DO NOT ASSUME THAT BECAUSE YOU HOLD OR HAVE HELD THIS POSITION, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE FOUND ELIGIBLE. You may be asked to provide evidence or documentation that you have this type of experience later in the selection process. Your responses are subject to verification through job interviews, or any other information obtained during the application process. Any exaggeration of your experience or any attempt to conceal information can result in disqualification.
- Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements and/or selective placement factor(s) (SPF) may be further evaluated on the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) and/or Quality Ranking Factor (QRF) listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: (1) score order; (2) category grouping; or (3) alphabetical, and referred to the selecting official for selection consideration.
*Applicants who fail to demonstrate possession of any of the above criteria AND who do not provide the required documentation will receive no further consideration for this position.*
**All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.**
Preview Job Questionnaire
Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
1. As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA.
In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA section, in your work history, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
2. Applicants may be asked to verify information they have provided on their application for employment with the FAA.
3. Please ensure that you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or may result in you not being considered for the job.
4. Management may choose to interview all, some, or none of the referred candidates.
5. This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation Plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the website: https: employees.faa.gov/org/staffoffices/ahr/policy_guidance/hr_policies/hrpm/comp/comp_ref ?
6. This is a Level 1 (Low Risk) position requires favorable adjudication of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) background investigation prior to appointment.
7. AFSCME Interview Criteria: Article 42, Section 13 states: If the selecting official decides to interview any employee on the selection list for a vacancy, then all who remain under consideration for the position at that point in the process must be interviewed. If the selection list is shortened to a best qualified list through a comparative process, then the best qualified list shall be considered to be the selection list. If it is determined that interviews are required and telephone interviews are not utilized, travel expenses incidental to these interviews will be paid in accordance with the Agency's travel regulations and this Agreement.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
ALL applicants MUST submit the following:
(1) resume with complete work history; and
(2) a copy of your most recent SF-50
(Notification of Personnel Action).
*For guidance on how to create a Federal resume, visit http: www.archives.gov/careers/jobs/forms/resume-guide.pdf.
*Failure to submit all required documents by the closing date will result in a finding of ineligible. We are not responsible for incomplete, illegible or missing documents.
*Please DO NOT email your application documents. We cannot accept documents via the email system. Documents sent via email will NOT receive consideration.
If you are an FAA employee, you MUST provide a copy of your SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) containing information in Blocks 15, 17, 18, 19, 22, and 24 so it can be used to verify your position title, series, grade, tenure, and organization of record by the closing date of the announcement. You may fax your SF-50 or upload it into the on-line application. If faxing the SF-50, please ensure you include the vacancy announcement number on the faxed copy.
If you are an FAA employee, you can access and print your SF-50 from the eOPF system https: eopf.opm.gov/dot/ .
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.