This position is located in the Agency for Healthcare, Research and Quality (AHRQ), Office of the Director (OD). The duty location for this position is in Rockville, MD.
For more information about AHRQ, click the "Learn more about the Agency" Box.
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.**
Learn more about this agency
As a Management and Program Analyst in the Office of the Director, you will perform a variety of sensitive and complex analytical and evaluative work related to program operations, management, organizational efficiency and productivity as well as advising management on the effectiveness and efficiency with which their organizations carry out their assigned programs and functions.
Specifically, you will:
– Direct and develop plans for accomplishing/producing projects/studies to monitor administration of agency programs and to ensure compliance with regulations, policy, program intent, and plan requirements;
– Analyze and evaluate the management practices and methods, and administrative operations and complex functions;
– Provide a high level of expertise and support to senior management;
– Devise analytical approach for the conduct of studies, formulate methodology and evaluate alternative courses of action;
– Maintain internal and external awareness and identifies trends with the potential to impact the organization's mission and services;
– Serve as a Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).on contracts of an administrative nature or contractor support to conduct large studies.
NOTE: Do not cut and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- U. S. Citizenship is required.
- All qualification requirements and time-in-grade must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Federal applicants must submit an SF-50 to show status and time-in-grade.
- Males ages 18 through 25 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- Employment is subject to the successful completion of the pre-appointment process (i.e., background investigation, verification of qualifications and job requirements, completion of onboarding forms, submission of required documents, etc.)
- PHS Commissioned Corps applicants must submit current personnel orders.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Position is not in the Bargaining Unit.
- Recruitment incentives are not authorized.
- Student loan repayment incentive is not authorized.
THESE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE: 10/20/2020
Specialized Experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, an applicant's one full year of specialized experience must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for successful job performance.
To qualify for this position at the GS-14 level, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have one full year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-13 level in the federal service.
Examples of qualifying experience include the following types of tasks performed on a regular and recurring basis: performing functions related to the multiple steps of the federal acquisition process, such as solicitation, award, performance monitoring, invoice management and close out; leading project or program efforts in determining the efficiency, effectiveness, and adequacy of program activities on organizational goals and objectives; applying advanced quantitative and qualitative tools and techniques to conduct studies that target work processes and functions.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; community; student; social). If such experience is on a part-time basis, you must provide the average number of hours worked per week as well as the beginning and ending dates of the experience so it can be fully credited.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
MANAGEMENT ANALYSIS – Conducts research and solves organizational inefficiencies to increase the effectiveness of the organization.
STRATEGIC PLANNING – Supports organizational goals and objectives in accordance with strategic and/or operations plans.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT – Knowledge of the principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance.
CONTRACTING/PROCUREMENT – Knowledge of various types of contracts, techniques or requirements (for example, FAR) for contracting or procurement, and contract negotiation and administration.
TO PREVIEW THE OCCUPATIONAL ASSESSMENT QUESTIONNAIRE, please click on the following link: https: apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10920883
Current status candidates must provide an SF50 that allows HR to verify that they meet Time-in-Grade (TIG) requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Please Note: An SF50 for the current year pay adjustment is NOT acceptable for verifying TIG (ex. 2020 general increases cannot be used to verify TIG). To allow us to verify that you meet TIG requirements, please provide any of the following SF-50s:
- Competitive or Career-ladder promotion to your highest grade (this does NOT include 120 day temporary promotions )
Regular Within Range Increase (WRI) or With In Grade (WGI) increase at your highest grade (this does not include quality step increases (QSIs).
Competitive career/career-conditional appointment to your highest grade.
SF-50 at your highest grade held, that is at least one year older than the announcement closing date of the announcement.
Not sure which SF-50 to submit? Check out our video… Go here to watch the video on the SF50s to submit in your application package .
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status or other differences.
Conditions of Employment:
Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP): Click here
AHRQ supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. Telework eligibility may be discussed during the interview process.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Additional selections may be made for similar positions across the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) within the local commuting area(s) of the location identified in this announcement. By applying, you agree to have your application shared with interested selecting official(s) at HHS. Clearance of CTAP/ICTAP will be applied for similar positions across HHS.
To determine your qualifications and referral status, we may review your resume and supporting documentation and compare it against your responses to the vacancy questionnaire. Ensure you support your self-ratings by the information you provide in your application. We may verify or assess your qualifications at any time. Inflated or unsupported qualifications may affect your rating. Any misrepresentation or material omission of facts may be sufficient cause to end further consideration of your candidacy. Persons listed as having knowledge of your past accomplishments or experience in your application may be contacted for verification purposes at any time. Verification may, but need not, begin prior to receiving an offer.
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) , you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and all other requirements.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact either HRSA's Office of Human Resources at (301) 443-3780 or by email: askhrhrsa.gov or HRSA's Reasonable Accommodation programs at (301) 443-2538 or by email: RA-Requesthrsa.gov . You must contact the Reasonable Accommodations Program prior to the closing date of this announcement to receive assistance. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Hours of operation: Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 4:00PM EST (except Federal holidays).
Submission of a resume alone is not a complete application. To apply for this position, you must provide a complete online Application Package that includes:
1. A current Resume – For resume writing guidance, please visit USAJOBS Resources Center or view their video tutorial. Your resume must thoroughly describe how your skills and experiences align to the criteria defined in the "Qualifications" section of this announcement and it must support your responses to the assessment questionnaire. We cannot assume you have performed the necessary experience required for this position regardless of your employment history or academic career. To ensure all of the essential information is in your resume, we encourage you to use the USAJOBS online Resume Builde r.
If you choose to use your own resume, curriculum vitae, or any other written form you choose, then you must ensure it contains all of the required information and you organize it so we can associate the following information for each experience/position:
You must also ensure that the duties performed are clearly matched to each period of employment.
Do not include a photograph or video of yourself, or any sensitive information (age, date of birth, marital status, protected health information, religious affiliation, social security number, etc.) on your resume or cover letter. We will not access web pages linked on your resume or cover letter to determine your qualifications.
2. A complete Assessment Questionnaire
3. Other supporting documents to be submitted with application:
- SF-50: Federal applicants must submit an SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) that shows status and time-in-grade, and its full performance level. If you are an HHS employee you may obtain a copy of your SF-50 from eOPF.
- Personnel Orders: PHS Commissioned Corps Officers must submit a copy of latest personnel orders in lieu of SF-50.
- College transcripts (if the position has a positive education requirement, or you are qualifying on the basis of education).
For Résumé and Application Tips visit the USAJOBS Resource Center .
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 10/20/2020.