Director & Associate General Counsel, Global Security Responsibilities
- Analyze products, policies and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies for products across multiple jurisdictions.
- Advise policy, product, engineering, and other business teams on global law enforcement, security and data disclosure issues.
- Develop and implement policies and practices that protect user data and prioritize user notice relating to legal process and requests seeking disclosure of user data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and advise on global legislative developments.
- Develop strategic approaches to managing regulatory, criminal and policy legal risks and resolving disputes.
- Manage and mentor lawyers also focused in this area.
- 12+ years of relevant experience, including experience advising technology or telecommunication companies as in-house or outside counsel on regulatory, safety and security matters, data protection, investigations, policy or criminal process.
- Experience regionally on issues pertaining to data protection and analogous international laws.
- Experience providing guidance to providers in responding to law enforcement requests.
- Experience with the Stored Communications Act, Wiretap Act, Pen Register/Trap and Trace Statute, and GDPR.
- Experience with Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty requests, Letters Rogatory, or other forms of international cooperation.
- J.D. and membership to at least one state bar.
- Global experience engaging with regulators and legislators on regulatory, safety and security matters preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of telecommunication regulatory frameworks.
- Management experience, preferably of an in-house legal team.