About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. Were continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
About the role
Robinhoods is looking for a Senior Counsel to join our growing Regulatory legal team. We are looking for an attorney with experience in securities and broker-dealer regulatory issues who is excited to work at the intersection of regulation, technology, and finance. We are looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility and patience. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and contribute to our mission to democratize finance for all.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Navigating complex regulatory frameworks to help the business design innovative financial products and services
- Identifying and drafting necessary changes to the firms systems and procedures to meet the requirements of new rules/regulations
- Engaging with regulators, including SEC and FINRA, and other external parties
- Drafting agreements, policies and procedures, disclosures, account documentation and website materials
- Monitoring SEC/FINRA and SRO rule developments and making resulting recommendations
- Researching securities and brokerage questions and providing legal analysis and recommendations
- Partnering cross-functionally with teams including litigation, compliance, product and government affairs
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least 1 U.S. state bar
- 5+ years of legal practice experience specializing in broker-dealer regulatory law
- Knowledge or expertise in the rules and regulations relevant to broker-dealers
- Track record of developing practical solutions to novel problems
- Exceptional project management and communication skills
- In-house legal experience
- Experience at a federal or state financial regulatory agency
- Experience with technology or start-up organizations
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? Wed love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, were looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.