This position plays an integral role in helping to shape the employment culture at Sleep Number. This arm of the Sleep Number Legal Department provides advice and counsel regarding employee relations, safety, and asset protection, as well as litigates in employment related cases. The Sr. Manager, Employee Relations Counsel provides support to the VP, Associate General Counsel and HR team on labor and employment matters throughout the Sleep Number business.
- Counsel and litigate on employee relations, talent acquisition, and compensation issues
- Bring forth preventative measures to reduce employment related charges
- Work jointly with HR to draft policies aligned with Sleep Numbers culture
- Employment policy development and interpretation
- Work jointly with HR to develop an approach to accommodations & leave management
- Monitor labor and employment law developments and best practices and collaborate with HR to ensure company-wide compliance
- Minimum 5 years experience in the area of employment law
- Law firm + corporate legal experience a plus
- California employment law a plus
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and in a dynamic, growth oriented environment
- Member of the MN bar
- Excellent litigation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including legal and business writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a range of personalities and styles and establish effective relationships within all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills.
- Clear thinker with ability to quickly identify root causes of problems and develop creative and strategic solutions.
- Adaptable and collaborative style.
- Self-motivated with a demanding work ethic.