Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Global Litigation Responsibilities
- Provide strategic counseling and advice to the General Counsel and other executives of the company as a key member of the Legal leadership team.
- Drive strategy and execution on litigation matters in the United States and around the world, including identifying and mitigating emerging litigation threats to Facebooks mission.
- Develop and manage a large team of experienced litigators and litigation support personnel, maintaining best practices in litigation management and professional development.
- Work cross-functionally with Facebook executive leadership and teams to ensure compliance with litigation-related obligations, and provide timely and effective guidance on avoiding litigation risks through proactive counseling and lessons learned from litigated matters.
- Oversee outside counsel partnerships, including selecting, budgeting, managing and evaluating counsel.
- Advocate for ethics and integrity across Facebooks litigation matters.
- Accurately forecast anticipated litigation costs, timely raising any trends or matters expected to adversely impact budget.
- Represent Facebook in industry and professional organizations and in litigation-related legislative and regulatory lobbying activities as appropriate.
- Provide thought leadership on the delivery of legal services and Facebooks strategic priorities.
- J.D. (or foreign equivalent) with membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- 15+ years of relevant legal experience, including extensive litigation management and first chair experience.
- Proven track record of providing thoughtful, outside-the-box legal and strategic guidance to an executive team, both in regard to specific litigation and big picture results.
- Experience with substantive litigation including privacy, antitrust/competition, securities, intellectual property, electronic discovery, and class action experience.
- Inspiring people manager with a proven record of mentoring and leading a diverse team globally.
- A high-profile litigator at an organization operating in an area with significant public attention and consequences or a well-known reputation in a top tier law firm. Experience with the media surrounding litigation and litigation-related matters strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of, and inquisitive interest in technologies (software, platforms, messaging/wireless/infrastructure, mobile and others) preferred, however technology industry experience not required.