Advance your Legal career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Are you passionate about supporting your clients and achieving success? Liberty Mutuals Insurance Defense Attorneys represent the Company and its policyholders in civil litigation matters involving claims for money damages or compensation for personal injury or property damage of a moderate value with moderately complex legal issues.
We have an exciting opportunity for an attorney with experience in litigation including depositions, motion practice and arbitrations. You will handle a full case load of personal injury cases while providing guidance and counsel to your clients through effective communication. This is a phenomenal opportunity to litigate cases and gain trial experience for a major insurance company in a collaborative and inclusive environment that includes annual performance bonuses, work/life balance, 20 days flexible time off per year, personal holidays, 401k with a match and a pension plan.
Travel for appearances.
- You will use Litigation Protocols to develop and revise appropriate legal strategy for discovery, investigation, handling and trial/hearing of cases or matters; advises communicate and develop those strategies and personally meet with Liberty Mutuals Claims Representatives and insured Clients to render clear, unambiguous legal opinions and advice.
- Understand and creatively use technology; apply technology to the process of law to improve quality and reduce cost. Possess the skills necessary to use technology to work remotely. Capable of working with office staff who are remotely located.
- You will conduct necessary and appropriate discovery, hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations and similar proceedings. Researches the law applicable to cases or matters; drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, briefs and opinions as required. If requested, conducts settlement negotiations.
- Remains current with developments in the law; understands medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering or similar issues and defenses involved with cases or matters.
- Prepares and conducts training sessions for the Legal, Claims or other departments as required.
Category: Legal; Experienced Professionals
Primary Location: Atlanta, GA
Schedule: Full-timeSalary: $78,000-$80,000
Education Level: Doctorate Degree (over 19 years)
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time