Partnering with business leaders, this position is responsible for supporting and advising on a wide range of legal issues related to the companys primary dental and animal health business units. The objective of the role is to assist internal stakeholders in advancing business priorities while balancing and minimizing potential legal considerations and liabilities.
- Advise internal stakeholders and business leaders on contract and legal interpretations, impacted risks and practical solutions to identified legal issues and areas of opportunity
- Provide the business unit proactive guidance on a wide variety of transactional matters, including but not limited to: customer orders, dealer arrangements, service agreements, strategic accounts, fraud related and other adverse matters, program/policy based initiatives, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, and other legal duties as assigned.
- Proactively engage in branch and business matters, which will include, as appropriate: effective issue spotting, strong drafting, detailed review, and front line communications.
- Review, draft, negotiate and advise on a wide range of legal documents consistent with Company policies, philosophy, risk tolerances and practices.
- Proactively identify recurring issues and patterns associated with internal and external legal matters and areas of risk.
- Create and implement strategies to reduce liability and promote positive service levels with respect to client relations.
- Independently lead and manage comprehensive and timely set of projects, responsibilities, or legal requests directly from internal stakeholders.
- Analyze issues, propose solutions, and engage senior legal advisors as appropriate.
- Prepare reports, summaries, or guidance with respect to matters of risk for management review.
- Draft, negotiate, and review a diverse set of legal documents, including non-disclosure agreements, customer order and purchase agreements, service and labor agreements, etc.
- Develop and maintain legal forms and templates and implement process improvements for branch operations
- Manage outside counsel and related professional services
- Adhere to Department service levels and manage projects and priorities as a self-starter in support of direct line Sales
- Provide timely responses, and prompt, accurate support and communications to Legal colleagues and leadership
- Stay informed of industry trends, developments in applicable regulations, and changes in product offerings and services or other related developments
- Juris Doctor required from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to MN bar. Minimum 1-4 years legal experience, with in-house experience preferred.
- Licensed to practice law in state and federal courts in Minnesota
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to self-start and take the lead
- Excellent and demonstrated judgment and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively and process a high volume of work timely
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong ability to build rapport and deal effectively with disagreements
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.