What you’ll do
- Advise business partners on a range of legal issues and risks, with a particular focus on privacy, data use, and information security.
- Review product offerings, programs, and initiatives to spot legal issues and advise business partners on a variety of laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability, and develop and implement project plans to resolve these issues.
- Advise on the design, development, implementation, and iteration of company-wide compliance programs, policies, and initiatives.
- Review, draft, revise, and negotiate commercial agreements, including software subscription agreements, data processing agreements, security agreements, NDAs, and vendor agreements.
- Help build and maintain a commercial contracting playbook, contract template and clause library, legal process wikis, and other tools and metrics to help scale the legal function
- Provide input supporting the implementation of a contracts management system and related processes to optimize interactions with the sales team.
Who you are
- You have a JD or foreign equivalent with membership in at least one state bar
- You have 4-8 years of relevant legal experience. In-house experience with a SaaS or other technology company preferred.
- You have a substantial understanding of privacy, data security, licensing, and intellectual property laws (or a strong willingness to learn).
- Youre able to draft documents, policies, emails, and anything else in a precise and digestible manner.
- Youre flexible, resourceful, solution-oriented. You are interested in developing a broad array of legal skills, as opposed to staying in a specific practice area. Youre both comfortable saying you dont have the answer, and confident that you can then go find it.
- You possess organizational and project management skills, and are able to execute, prioritize, and stay focused in an environment that is expanding and evolving.
- You have high integrity and excellent judgment, are a clear and thoughtful communicator, and are able to be both strategic and detail-oriented.
- Youre skilled at building authentic relationships with all kinds of people across many functional teams.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: were proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We’ll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave