You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements, including software licensing and SaaS.
- Advising and counselling internal business clients, including software engineering teams, on usage of Open Source Software (OSS) and provide guidance related to OSS compliance and disputes.
- Training the Sales team, updating legal playbooks and improving contracting documents and processes.
- Assisting with legal department projects, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes that improve transaction velocity without material increases in risk.
- Anything else that gets thrown your way as needed to support a dynamic, innovative company.
You Should Apply If:
- You have a minimum of eight years of experience, of which a minimum of two years has been spent in-house at a high-growth tech company.
- You have experience in drafting and advising clients on technology-related commercial agreements, including software licensing, strategic partnerships and reseller arrangements.
- You are able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks whilst remaining cheerful and resilient.
- You enjoy communicating complex ideas in simple language to non-lawyers.
- You can demonstrate how to balance risks and rewards against a backdrop of competing priorities and stakeholders.
- You are a qualified lawyer with at least 5 years post-qualification experience in either the UK or the USA or hold dual qualification in any European jurisdiction and a common-law jurisdiction.
We’d Especially Love to Hear From You If:
- You have some experience of securities, financing, M&A and/or employee stock options.
- You have dual qualification in a European jurisdiction.
- You have a background in software engineering.