Legal counsel is responsible for managing legal risks across the Mizuho Americas group of companies.
- Provide legal support to Mizuho U.S. broker dealer and swap dealer entities equities and fixed income business lines with respect to regulatory and compliance issues, corporate law issues and other general legal matters;
- Prepare, negotiate and execute ISDA master agreements, CSAs and related supporting documentation for counterparties located in the U.S., Europe and Asia;
- Draft and negotiate MRAs, GMRAs, MSLAs, GMSLAs, CDEAs, MCAs, swap and security based swap confirmations.
- Respond to inquiries from business units and other departments (trading/marketing, credit, operations, collateral management, documentation) regarding legal, credit or operational issues arising in the trading documents and other trading related documentation or with respect to specific transaction terms;
- Review security documents and pledge agreements;
- Provide advice and guidance with respect to CFTC Swap Dealer requirements;
- Maintain & update documentation templates, manage information database and ensure relevant reports, policies and procedures are updated; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Law degree from an accredited law school in the United States
- Member in good standing of the New York Bar
- Understanding of Title VII of the Dodd Frank Act regulations thereunder
- Knowledgeable about fixed income derivative products, clearing, trade reporting, business conduct requirements & SEFs
- Detail oriented and collaborative team player
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Capable of completing work independently
- Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Committed work ethic
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuhos operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran.