- Deep understanding of the legal and regulatory landscape for consumer credit products and services, including TILA, Reg. Z, ECOA, Reg. B, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and similarly applicable state laws
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements and terms and conditions for consumer credit products and services
- Demonstrated experience interacting with federal and state financial regulators and examiners
- Experience providing product counseling for mobile wallets, payments systems, alternative payments, or other similar financial services
- Knowledge of the structure and operation of payment network rules
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills and the ability to work as part of a cross functional group are essential
- 5+ years of relevant experience
In this role youll help support the Apple Pay team on a wide range of initiatives related to offering, operating, and using Apple Card and related consumer credit products and services. This will include operating as both product counsel to help shape new initiatives to responsibly manage legal and regulatory risks and commercial counsel to put in place agreements and terms as necessary to support those initiatives. Youll also need to be able to help the Apple Pay team navigate the regulatory landscape for consumer credit products and services that applies to banks, payment networks, and other participants in the consumer credit industry as issues arise.
Education & Experience
JD or equivalent, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one US state bar required.