See below for important information regarding this job.
Learn more about this agency
- Please note, during the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Agency is operating in a maximum telework posture for all telework ready employees occupying a telework eligible position.
- Having oversight on technical and quality related matters for energy products procured by the Activity such as petroleum, coal, aerospace and missile fuels, natural gas, electricity and alternative and renewable energy.
- Leading and managing a highly technical staff responsible for providing technical/product engineering and operational quality support for all energy products procured by DLA Energy.
- Providing policy, training and staff supervision for four regional Quality Offices and over 130 Quality and Technical personnel worldwide…
- Many products and services provided are critical to weapons systems operations and are essential to national defense.
- Providing oversight on the development of the DLA Energy Strategic Energy Plan which provides a three to thirty year agency position on energy development with new and existing legislation and environmental regulations.
- Serving as the Agency's subject matter expert (SME) to the Director and Deputy Director of DLA Energy in system functionality and business capabilities pertaining to…
- energy, quality, Research and Development (R and D), and renewable and alternative energy.
- Serving as the Directorate expert and lead in technical and quality requirements for automation systems to include Enterprise Business System (EBS), Fuel Manager Defense (FMD) and Invoicing, Receipt, Acceptance and Property Transfer (iRAPT).
- Developing new energy initiatives, and provides enterprise-wide strategic energy initiative process improvement recommendations to top-level agency management.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Tour of Duty: Set Schedule
- Security Requirements: Non- Critical Sensitive with Secret Access
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Supervisory Probation: Required
- Completion of Supervisory Certification Program: Required
- Bargaining Unit Status: No
- Financial Disclosure Requirement: Required
- This position requires an Acquisition, Technology and Logistics Level III certification in the Production, Quality, and Manufacturing Career Field within 24 months, unless a Position Requirements Waiver is approved to extend.
- This is an obligated position and occupancy is subject to the return of former incumbent. If former incumbent fails to return to the position, occupancy may become permanent.
To qualify for a Quality/Technical Support Office Deputy Director your resume and supporting documentation must support:
A. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To qualify at the GS-14 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including time-in-grade (General Schedule (GS) positions only), time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the announcement.
Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Coordinating, managing, and publishing implementation policies, programs and systems in petroleum contract quality assurance and DoD-wide surveillance.
- Insuring disposition instructions for nonconforming products are provided in coordination with the customer and other DLA Energy elements, while meeting operational equipment requirements.
- Participating in or presiding as senior Department of Defense (DoD) representative at R&D events, alternative and renewable energy forums, energy quality meetings, and industrial/military standardization meetings.
- Expertise in utilizing at least two automation systems and understanding of integration of quality data between systems.
B. Education Substitution: Applicants may not substitute education in lieu of specialized experience for this position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: In order to receive this preference you must choose to apply using the "Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP)" eligibility. If you are claiming military spouse preference and are determined to be among the Best Qualified for the position, you will be referred to the hiring manager as a priority applicant.
For Important General Applicant Information and Definitions go to: http: www.dla.mil/portals/104/documents/careers/GenAppInfoDef.pdf
Reemployed Annuitants: This position does not meet criteria for appointment of Reemployed Annuitants. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http: www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
INFORMATION FOR VETERANS is available at: http: www.dla.mil/Careers/Programs/veterans.aspx . As of 23 December 2016, Military retirees seeking to enter federal service in the Department of Defense now require a waiver if they would be appointed within 180 days following their official date of retirement.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has established a Drug-Free Federal Workplace Policy. All applicants tentatively selected for DLA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with DLA for a period of six months. This policy extends to random testing for the use of illegal drugs by employees who occupy testing designated positions defined as sensitive in Section 7(d) of Executive Order 12564. The Defense Logistics Agency's Drug Free Workplace Plan's drug testing panel includes testing for the following illegal substances: marijuana, cocaine, opiates (codeine/morphine), 6-Acetylmorphine (heroin), phencyclidine, amphetamines (amphetamine/methamphetamine), methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphone. ADVISORY: By using cannabidiol (CBD) products you are risking a positive drug test result for marijuana.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The assessments for this job will measure the following Competencies:
- Petroleum Quality Procedures
- Policy Development
- Quality and Technical automation processes and procedures
- Conflict Management
- Customer Service
- Developing Others
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation may be completed and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire and USA Hire assessments. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If your resume and/or supporting documentation is reviewed and a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position you must provide a complete Application Package. Each Application Package MUST include:
If you are claiming Military Spouse Preference, you must submit the following supporting documents with your application package: Marriage Certificate or License; Signed Self-Certification Checklist (must be certified within 30 days); Veterans' Preference documentation (e.g., DD-214, VA Letter, Statement of Service, if applicable); Transcripts (if applicable). These documents must provide acceptable information to verify: Residency within the commuting area of your sponsor's permanent duty station (PDS); proof of marriage to the active duty sponsor; proof of military member's active duty status; and other documentation required by the vacancy announcement to which you are applying. NOTE: Previous federal employees must also submit the following additional documentation: SF-50s (e.g., LWOP, highest grade held, overseas appointments, etc.), SF-75 information, and documentation of performance rating of record (dated within the last 12 months).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.