As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will conduct and manage projects, and develop tools, analysis, and reports to identify and evaluate risks and monitor and analyze the condition and performance of the banking system.
This position is located in Chief Operating Officer, Supervision System and Analytical Support (SSAS), Supervision Analysis Division, Washington, DC
Learn more about this agency
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will:
- Research and identify appropriate primary and secondary data and data sources from public and private entities and academic institutions, as well as financial and banking data associated with OCC supervisory activities.
- Develop and apply analytical tools to construct, manipulate, validate, and analyze very large datasets containing complex and interrelated economic and financial data and derive variables, produce metrics, replicate and compare data to bank-produced reports and products.
- Independently prepare and deliver analytical presentations , dashboards, spreadsheets and reports on banking and the financial services industry for the Comptroller, Committee on Bank Supervision (CBS), National Risk Committee (NRC), and other senior management officials.
- Prepare analysis of SAS or other datasets of a large size in order to advise on various banking and financial services or projects, and monitor and analyze the condition and performance of the banking/financial services system.
25% or less – Travel 25% or less
Conditions of Employment
- Complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Complete a background investigation (unless already completed).
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File an OCC Financial Disclosure Form
- Complete a financial disclosure review and resolve any ethics issues.
- Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
You must meet the following requirements within 60 calendar days after the closing date of this announcement:
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the NB-V band level in the Federal service. Examples of specialized experience for this position include:
- Utilizing SAS or similar statistical analysis software to analyze large financial data-sets applicable to the banking and financial services industries; AND
- Developing reports, technical materials, and/or user guides relating to financial data analysis systems, methods or procedures for a financial institution.
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector, or through volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
To receive any credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Education cannot be used to qualify for this position.
- At the discretion of management, this position may be filled in an alternate location (any U.S. location of the OCC) provided the location is cost effective, operationally efficient, and complies with the standards contained in PPM 3110-53.
- Salary range includes 22.26% geographical pay.
- If you are a current OCC employee who previously received a waiver determination permitting you to retain bank securities due to extenuating circumstances, please note that this determination may be rescinded if the nature of your duties changes. We strongly suggest that you discuss the potential implications of any change in duties on a prior securities determination with your ethics official.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more positions.
- Click all links in this vacancy announcement to view additional information and instructions.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print" to review the entire announcement before applying.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a "not qualified" determination.
Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Financial and Economic Analysis
- Data Management Systems
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Current OCC employees must have a performance rating of at least Level 3 overall and for all critical performance elements to be eligible for promotion.
Referral : If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus employee eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) , you must be rated as well-qualified to receive special selection priority. "Well-qualified" means that in addition to meeting the minimum qualification requirements and selective placement factor(s), if applicable, you must receive a score of 85 or higher.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
A complete application includes: 1) A resume, 2) vacancy question responses, and 3) submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
RESUME: All applicants are required to submit a resume by either creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your resume. We suggest you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your resume to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please review Resume Tips .
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click CTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION: If you are a former OTS employee serving under a permanent Schedule A 213.3105(d)(1) appointment at the OCC and you are a veteran, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 copy), or other official documentation from a branch of the Armed Forces or the Department of Veterans Affairs showing actual or expected dates of service and type of discharge. Ten-point preference eligibles must also submit an Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference, SF-15 along with required documentation listed on the back of the SF-15 form.
EDUCATION DOCUMENTATION: For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected. If you are qualifying based on foreign education, you must submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency. Refer to the OPM instructions .
OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS: In addition, you may submit the following:
– Cover letter
– Recent performance evaluation (be sure to redact/remove all sensitive information prior to submitting)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.