The Cybersecurity Services and Integration Division (CSID) at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center is seeking a highly skilled Cybersecurity Project Manager for the Cybersecurity Service Management Team. Serves as a program lead and manages Center-wide information security services, activities and programs group, providing expert advice, technical analysis and project execution. Duties include managing contract staff providing Center wide cybersecurity services and capabilities.
Learn more about this agency
- Provides oversight to a team responsible for provisioning of Center cybersecurity services and capabilities.
- Successfully triages multiple and competing priorities to ensure the effective and timely management of Division, Center and Agency cybersecurity activities.
- Provides leadership to the Center-wide information security activities and programs providing authoritative advice and guidance related to Agency IT security project implementation at Goddard Space Flight Center.
- Manages cybersecurity projects of significant scope and complexity, leading multi-discipline teams to success.
- Develops policies, guidelines, and standards for the planning, development, integration, implementation, and evaluation of cybersecurity policies and requirements.
- Leads tiger teams and working groups to ensure that mission perspectives are considered and evaluated.
- Develops security solutions to meet complex issues and address issues and gaps, working with Goddard internal and external stakeholders to enhance and strengthen information security and integrate it throughout the system life cycle.
- Monitors contracted work either externally or on-site in the facility of the contractor.
- Duties described above are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
Occasional travel – Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Conditions of Employment
- This position is open to U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
- A one-year probationary period may be required
- Position subject to a pre-employment drug testing
- Selectee must complete a financial disclosure statement
- Successful completion of a security investigation will be required
Applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade, which has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies needed to successfully perform the duties of the position described above.
To qualify for the GS-13:
Specialized experience includes (1) project management in the delivery of IT services, including policy, governance, customer relationship management, operations, cybersecurity (2) experience in formulating and implementing cybersecurity products and solutions.
To qualify for the GS-14:
Specialized experience includes (1) leading projects in the efficient, consistent high-quality delivery of IT services including policy, governance, customer relationship management, operations, cybersecurity (2) experience in collaborating with mission/business partners to formulate and implement specialized and effective cybersecurity approaches necessary to improve an organization's cybersecurity posture in a risk based manner that minimizes operational impact.
Applicants must address IT-related experience and demonstrate each of the four competencies below in their resume:
1. Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service: Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication: Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Your resume must include a clear and detailed narrative description, in your own words, of how you meet the required specialized experience. Experience statements copied from a position description, vacancy announcement or other reference material constitutes plagiarism and may result in disqualification and losing consideration for the job.
Please spell out all acronyms.
There are no education requirements for this position.
If you have special priority selection rights under the Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must:
Indicate your eligibility when applying for a position. The USAJOBS resume asks you to identify your ICTAP eligibility; the NASA Supplemental Information asks you to identify your CTAP eligibility.
Be well qualified for this position to receive consideration. See 'How You Will Be Evaluated' for NASA's definition of well qualified.
Be prepared to submit proof that you meet the requirements for CTAP/ICTAP if you are selected for the position. This includes copies of your agency notice, most recent Performance Rating and most recent Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) noting current position, grade level, and duty location.
Identification of promotion potential in this position does not constitute a commitment or an obligation on the part of management to promote the employee. Promotion will depend upon administrative approval and the continuing need for an actual assignment and performance of higher level duties.
As identical vacancies are identified, additional selections may be made.
You must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
This position is announced under Direct Hire authority. A Human Resources Specialist will review your resume to determine if you meet the qualifications and eligibility requirements as listed in 'Requirements'.
CTAP and ICTAP candidates will be assessed using NASA STARS, an automated system that matches the competencies extracted from your resume to the competencies identified by the selecting official for the position. Based on the competencies you match, you are placed in one of three categories identified as 90, 80, or 70 point quality categories, which are defined as:
90 pt. Category – Tentatively meets (until subsequent confirmation upon referral) the basic qualification requirements identified in the vacancy announcement and has experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated superior proficiency in the primary requirements of the position.
80 pt. Category – Tentatively meets (until subsequent confirmation upon referral) the basic qualification requirements identified in the vacancy announcement and demonstrates satisfactory proficiency in the primary requirements of the position.
70 pt. Category – Fails to meet criteria described in the 80 pt. category.
For the purpose of the CTAP and ICTAP, candidates rated in the top quality (90 pt.) category are considered well-qualified.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
NASA's application process has been specifically developed to ensure that we only ask you for the information we absolutely need to evaluate your qualifications and eligibility. In order to apply for this position, you only need to submit your resume and answer the screening questions and supplemental information. No additional documentation is accepted at the time of application. (For example you need not submit narrative 'KSA' statements; they are not required and will not be evaluated.) In this way we allow you to focus on preparing a resume that best describes your background and abilities. For assistance in preparing your resume, consult the Applicant Guide . Nothing further is required until requested by the Human Resources Office. At that point, we may ask you to submit documentation to support statements made in your resume. For example, we may ask you to provide academic transcripts or proof of Federal employment status. If you fail to provide the required documents within the stated time period, we may withdraw a job offer and/or remove you from further consideration.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.