Amended to update the "How You Will be Evaluated Section"
This position is located in the Workforces Strategies and Effectiveness Branch (WSE), Office of Human Resources (OHR), Smithsonian Institution (SI). WSE is responsible for developing and managing SI wide human resources management programs and policies in the areas of workforce analysis and planning, succession management, competency management and employee development and learning.
Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is responsible for auditing internal human capital practices and Delegated Examining (DE) processes; analyzing findings; and writing reports.
- Assists with developing, reviewing, and interpreting human capital regulatory guidelines; plus being the main point of contact (POC) for the Office of Personnel Management; and developing and writing strategic reports and white papers.
- Performs internal OHR human capital, Delegated Examining (DE), and Smithsonian human capital audits according to approved human capital accounting guides and accepted Federal auditing practices; develops and analyzes findings and writes follow-up reports and communicates results and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Develops, coordinates, and provides adequate and accurate information, narrative and statistical data in designated time frames for the Office of Personnel Management and the Office of Management and Budget requests, requirements, and submissions.
- Provides training and briefings for supervisors, Business Partners, Administrative Officers, HR liaisons, and employees on the full range of HR functional responsibilities and roles.
- Serves as OHR and Workforce Strategies and Effectiveness Branch representative in meetings, conferences and on committees with OPM and other external organizations.
Occasional travel – Travel may be required.
Conditions of Employment
- Pass Pre-employment Background Investigation
- May need to complete a Probationary Period
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service
Qualification requirements, including one year time-in-grade at the next lower grade level for promotion candidates, must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
You qualify for this GS-13 position if you possess one year of specialized experience at the GS-12 level. For this position specialized experience is defined as experience 1) having conducted internal human capital Delegated Examining (DE) audits and full human capital reviews using the Human Capital Framework (HCF) that are conducted according to approved human capital accounting guides and accepted Federal auditing practices; 3) develops and analyzes findings; 4) conducts trainings for stakeholders; 5) develops policy and procedures (standard operating procedures); 6) writes follow-up reports and communicates results and recommendations to leadership.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the average number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Flexible Spending Accounts – https: www.fsafeds.com/
Health Insurance – http: www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave – http: www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance – http: www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance – http: www.ltcfeds.com
Retirement Program – https: www.opm.gov/retirement-services/
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The online questionnaire will evaluate your experience, education, and/or training that address the competencies below:
- Knowledge of OPM's Human Capital Framework (HCF).
- Ability to develop, analyze findings and write follow-up reports and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, principles, practices and procedures regarding human resource management (HRM) which includes a substantive understanding of the federal human resources life cycle processes to include Hiring Reform practices.
- Ability to carry out studies, special projects, and to conduct analytical assessments and data analysis resulting in the visible display information and date for decision making.
Important Note: Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience.
If you are found qualified for this position and meet or exceed a predefined rating threshold from your questionnaire responses, you may be contacted by email for a structured interview, complete and or submit such as work samples, short essays, or other appropriate assessments. If you do not meet the rating threshold to move to the next evaluation stage, you will be notified promptly by email.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Your application package should include the following documents:
- Resume – Your resume can be uploaded and attached to your application or created using the USA Jobs on-line resume builder. If you want to receive full credit for relevant experience your resume MUST contain the job title (including the occupational series and grade if it is Federal), duties, starting and ending dates (month and year), hours worked per week, and salary.
USAJOBS has guidance on how to ensure that you submit a complete resume: If you have not written a Federal resume before, you may watch this Resume Writing Tutorial video on the USAJOBS YouTube channel , or read through a helpful Resume Writing FAQ article on the USAJOBS Help Site to learn what details you should, and should not, include in your resume. If any of the above information is not included in your resume we may not be able to fully credit you for your experience.
- Proof of prior federal service such as the latest SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action
- Proof of Veteran's Preference – DD214 (Member 4 Copy) if you are requesting a special appointment authority, such as VRA or VEOA
- Proof of severe disability if you are requesting special placement consideration
- Proof of eligibility for a military spouse appointment, such as a permanent change station
- Proof of eligibility for any other special appointing authority not specifically mentioned here
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.