DNAnexus is the leading cloud-based SaaS company serving the global life science community. DNAnexus health informatics platform serves customers across a spectrum of industries government, biopharmaceutical, clinical diagnostics, healthcare, and academic research in 33 countries with compliant protection of data, privacy, and intellectual property. The platform provides a secure and collaborative environment where genomics, multi-omics, and real world data can be combined with clinical data at scale, providing new insights that can lead to improved diagnostics, new targeted therapies and better patient care.
DNAnexus is seeking Associate Counsel/Counsel to join our Legal team! This role reports in to the VP and Head of Legal
Responsibilities would include: Drafting and negotiating SaaS agreements, services agreements, sales contracts, strategic alliances, licenses, IP agreements and other inbound and outbound commercial agreements. Working with internal stakeholders (including, Sales, Product, etc.) in all ranges of commercial transactions, IP, open source and privacy.
Majority of work will likely be commercial deals (SaaS, sales, professional services, NDAs, procurement, inbound and alliances commercial agreements). Some contracts organization and similar administrative work is required.
Must be an effective negotiator on key points and have a growth mentality. Should have a friendly business style but also be precise enough to identify and highlight practical risks. Strong interpersonal skills are a must. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and a fast learner. Should thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience drafting and negotiating a wide-range of complex commercial agreements.
- Comfortable and adept at partnering with members of Sales in fast-paced commercial transactions.
- Experience at a SaaS, cloud computing or enterprise software company and understanding of cloud-based data management platforms is a plus.
- Life science experience or technical background not required.
- Experience advising on a variety of other legal matters including privacy, IP rights, and open source is a plus.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves, dig into details and contribute where needed.
- Will work closely with VP / Head of Legal but must be able to escalate critical points, learn quickly, and drive deals independently after ramping up.
Role allows for great flexibility to be resident in the companys Silicon Valley or San Francisco headquarters. Remote candidates considered.
Based in San Francisco and Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. We recently completed a $100 million financing round to advance our growth globally to further serve leading healthcare and life science organizations. Key investors include Google Ventures, Perceptive Advisors, Northpond Ventures, TPG Biotech, and Foresite Capital.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!