Specific Job Description
Responsible for the analysis of complex legal issues and implications on matters of significant impact to the GBAM’s Prime Brokerage Business. Provides advice on new or existing products or services. Coordinates the work of outside legal counsel on related projects. Supervises activities of other legal department staff, including paralegals, and support staff. Individuals in this position typically have eight or more years of experience since admission to the Bar.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Negotiating term margin agreements
- Working on cross border transactions
- Advising on securities and margin regulations
- Working Broker Dealer regulatory issues
- 7-12 years of internal counsel or combination of law firm/internal counsel experience in the financial services industry
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, at all levels within the organization, including being able to make and communicate difficult decisions to appropriate persons in the organization.
- Strong work ethic and self-initiative, with the ability to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- The ability to effectively balance risk and reward and to be a strategic partner with clients to help them achieve their business objectives with an appropriate risk/reward balance.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well as part of a team with other lawyers, clients, Risk, Compliance, Contract Management and other partners.
- Active bar membership in good standing
- Qualified Attorney with a JD from an ABA accredited institution
Desired Experiences Skills:
- Strong broker dealer regulation, transactional and margin financing experiences