Do you thrive in a dynamic, committed, and professional environment and would you like to be a part of a team that positively effects change? Are you up for a challenge of driving technology forward?
At Fiserv, you’ll find team environment that values partnership and flexibility. Our rare combination of expertise and innovative spirit is how we deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide. We’re helping more businesses move money faster and more easily than ever before.
What does a great Managing Counsel, Privacy & Data Protection do?
We are seeking a Privacy Counsel to join our Legal Privacy Team in supervising compliance with data privacy rules and regulations focusing on First Data Corporations data analytics business. Responsibilities will include providing legal advice to business partners in the area of data privacy, facilitating privacy and data protection compliance, developing and carrying out established policies and working closely with internal partners in various corporate functions to analyse and respond to privacy-related issues and questions.
- Provide proactive mentorship on privacy and data security issues across legal and compliance teams to drive partnership, knowledge-sharing and efficiency.
- Serve as legal subject matter specialist and advice on standard methodologies across all aspects of privacy and data protection law and regulation.
- Support growth of new business opportunities by analysing privacy implications of new data driven products and services, specifically in the areas of data analytics and fin tech, and providing mentorship on minimizing privacy compliance risk, and as needed, conduct risk assessments related thereto
- Monitor changes in applicable privacy laws; prepare updates and connect with internal clients to keep them abreast of these developments.
- Respond to privacy and data protection-related inquiries from a wide range of groups across the company and providing significant advice and legal counsel regarding same.
- Advise on potential business impact of GLBA, HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR, proposed NIST Privacy Framework and other global privacy and data security laws and regulations.
- Draft, develop, implement and maintain privacy policies, procedures, notices and guidelines.
- Draft and negotiate privacy and data protection-related provisions of commercial and technology contracts, including data usage and license agreements, vendor/service provider agreements, customer agreements, data transfer and data protection agreements.
- Creatively build upon and drive awareness around privacy and data security issues.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to cross-functional teams including business Operations, Marketing, Procurement, IT, HR and other partners
- Develop guidelines, training and tools to support accountability and compliance across the organization
Basic Qualifications for Consideration
- Juris Doctor or LLM from an accredited law school. (In good standing with the State Bar with no disciplinary record.)
- STEM background.
- Minimum 8 years experience with at least 4 years in a global corporate legal department, with substantial focus on data analytics.
- Experience with technology, digital media and fin tech.
- CIPP strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to influence beyond authority in a sophisticated and matrixed organization.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
- Strong speaking, writing and negotiating skills and good attention to detail.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people arent thinking about financial services. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
Were Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The companys approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine Worlds Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.