eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If youre interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay a company you can be proud to be a part of.
In partnership with the businesses, we drive the purpose and success of eBay and its buyers and sellers. The team includes the company’s global legal department, risk management program, and its policy group who interacts with content regulators, law enforcement, IP, corporate governance and SEC compliance, contracts, and other legal and government relations matters.
This could be your chance to practice cutting-edge law for an innovative global tech company! eBay seeks an experienced and creative attorney to join the legal team supporting eBays product and technology teams.
eBay is a global commerce leader serving more than 180 million users, and this role allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. Youll be part of a work culture thats been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 25 years ago. Here, you be yourself, do your best work, and have an important impact on buyers and sellers around the world.
We are looking for people who want to build a marketplace that brings people together to spark unexpected joy. Does this sound like you? If so, wed love to talk to you.
- In this role, you will primarily work with eBays Core Product team, providing legal support on the roll out of new features and functionality, categories and products.
- As a strong issue spotter on regulatory, IP, privacy, and consumer protection issues, you will work closely with functional specialists in our broader legal department to provide business-focused, end-to-end legal support and solutions to business and technology leaders.
- This role may include some strategic partnership and commercial work.
- You will also interact regularly with functional groups within the Company on both transactional work and policy review, including Finance, Accounting, Corporate Development, Marketing, Tax, Information Security, Privacy, Trust and Risk.
- 4 years proven ability in the technology space, with a preference for platform-based business models
- Experience in the following areas desired:
- Commercial structuring, drafting, and negotiation
- Privacy/data protection
- Intellectual Property
- Consumer protection
- Ability to build positive relationships quickly and interact with junior to senior business leaders with ease
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and agile problem solver, with the ability to tolerate ambiguity in a fast-paced culture
- Ability to love innovation, embrace change, and believe that there is always room for improvement
- Willingness to be flexible with the scope and variety of projects to be undertaken in this role
- Tolerance for fast-paced work environment
- Good sense of humor
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- State Bar membership
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether youre single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isnt just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: talentebay.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.