- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of intellectual property law and open source software agreements.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Slack, Microsoft Office Suite, and modern communication technology.
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school required.
- Two to four years of relevant legal experience.
- Active license to practice law and/or membership in state Bar.
- Experience supporting a sales team.
- Experience in software licensing, commercial agreements, and open source.
- Experience with global privacy regulations including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), cybersecurity, data protection, data retention, data security, and data breach best practices a plus.
- Provides legal advice to business units and management.
- Prepares memorandums, PowerPoint presentations, and contracts.
- Responsible for all aspects of the contracting cycle for inbound and outbound agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating OEM, strategic partnership, and reseller agreements.
- HR support.
- Maintains knowledge of technological and legal developments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.