Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
The attorney in this role will be responsible for providing legal and transactional support to the Sourcing group and other lines of business within the Bank, including IT/IS, in negotiating technology transactions and advising on enterprise risk-related contract terms. This attorney will evaluate contract terms and conditions to determine potential risks to Bank, spot potential issues and areas of liability, and work within the framework of the Bancorps risk organization to negotiate appropriate protections while continuing to enable business pursuits.
Support Sourcing, Strategy, and other lines of business (IT/IS) by drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of commercial technology contracts in areas such as:
- Technology agreements, software development and fintech services, software licenses, mobile app development, SaaS/IaaS/PaaS subscriptions, cloud, IT services, data collection and use, technology licensing and acquisition, research and development activities cloud service providers and data/services hosted by third parties;
- Partnerships, vendors, consulting services, procurement, non-disclosure and confidentiality;
- Intellectual property, such as trademark licensing agreements and intellectual property development agreements.
- Information management, technology outsourcing and procurement, and data and analytics;
- Data and information security and privacy laws;
- Perform diligence and related tasks to support transactions involving the development, purchase, sale, or licensing of technology and other intellectual property assets
- Responsible for negotiating contractual protections consistent with regulatory guidance, vendor risk management guidelines, and enterprise risk management priorities.
- Responsible for maintaining/creating best practices for enterprise risk management in technology contracts incoming contracts, renewals and evaluation of existing contractual terms.
- Responsible for collaborating with other department attorneys to develop standard form documentation and training programs for business partners.
- In-house experience and/or top tier law firm training is preferred.
- Financial services experience is a significant plus.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum 5 years experience preferred.
- J.D. required.
- Admission to a state bar.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to interface successfully with senior management using diplomacy.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong knowledge of the areas of expertise including technical knowledge.
- Strong issue spotting, risk assessment, and problem solving skills.
- Extensive research and analytical skills.
- Team building, leadership skills.