We are looking for an Associate Counsel to handle a broad range of IP transactional, corporate, and commercial matters, and will ensure the legality of various types of commercial and corporate agreements. The attorney will work directly for the head of the Legal Department and provide support to company management on a wide variety of issues. Initially, responsibilities will include handle drafting, revising and negotiating of global complex agreements with customers and vendors, providing legal advice and counsel to various company departments, as well as senior management and contributing legal input as part of the development of the companys compliance policies and control functions.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Draft, review, revise and negotiate a broad range of legal agreements, including SaaS agreements, technology licenses, service agreements and partnership agreements.
- Provide legal advice, counsel and support on a variety of global legal issues on a daily basis in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide assistance in implementing corporate legal policy.
- Assist as needed with other types of contracts, ethics inquiries and corporate compliance matters.
- Identify, research and analyze relevant federal, state and local requirements and translate the requirements into business solutions.
- Participate in due diligence for mergers and acquisitions and other transactions.
- Additional responsibilities and special projects as assigned by the General Counsel.
- J.D. from ABA accredited law school and admission to at least one state bar as a member in good-standing.
- 2-4 years of in-house and/or medium-large law firm experience with a focus on commercial and/or technology transactions. Experience in one or more areas, including either M&A, IP transactions, trade regulations/regulatory compliance.
Skills and Abilities::
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex SaaS technology agreements
- Knowledge of legal issues in complex business transactions
- M&A and/or regulatory compliance experience a plus
- Excellent reading, writing, and negotiation skills, and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of staff, including senior management
- Must be responsive, detail-oriented, observant and pragmaticthe ability to spot issues must be complemented with the ability to find practical solutions
- Practical lawyering sense, the ability to balance risk considerations versus commercial needs, as well as the ability to exercise sound legal judgment in grey areas
- This job will require the attorney to function independently and as part of a team
This position will have supervisory responsibilities.
Please include a resume and cover letter, including your salary requirements.