This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) in the Departmental Offices at Department of the Treasury. The Data Management Analyst reports to the Supervisory Data Architect in the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) group. EDM's operations include management of data as an enterprise asset and delivering information that is necessary and relevant for decision-support.
Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-14. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
As a Data Management Analyst you will:
- Ensure the integrity and quality of data in the enterprise data warehouse
- Document technical specifications for revisions to current content and addition of new content in the warehouse and related business intelligence deliverables
- Utilize data profiling and data quality tools to uncover and determine root causes of data quality issue
- Collect and document functional requirements in reporting and analysis. Translate requirements into technical specs and participate the technical development effort with regard to documentation and quality assurance
Conditions of Employment
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals
If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 20-DO–607-P which is open for any U.S. citizen to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service . One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized Experience for the GS-14, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is:
* Applying knowledge of research methods, database management, data manipulation and utilizing statistical analysis software to analyze and prepare reports on workforce and business metrics AND
* Performing data analysis and report preparation, including the interpretation, presentation, and reporting of workforce and business contracting metrics regarding diversity and inclusion AND
* Experience performing data aggregation and modeling to provide consolidated analysis and reporting.
For the GS-13, specialized experience is defined as one year of experience at the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as proven proficiency and supportable (as evidenced in the resume) hands-on experience in ALL of the following:
* Leading, managing, and making presentations on data management activities AND
* Performing a range of assignments that involve data management initiatives, quantitative and qualitative data research, document management in content management systems, data management, and other activities related to Project Management AND
* Leading information and data management projects
For the GS-12, specialized experience is defined as one year of experience at the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as proven proficiency and supportable (as evidenced in the resume) hands-on experience in ALL of the following:
* Reviewing, researching, and analyzing electronic data files AND
* Performing information and data management activities AND
* Reviewing, researching, and analyzing data models AND
* Leading and/or collaborating with teams
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-14, you must have been at the GS-13 level for 52 weeks.
For the GS-13, you must have been at the GS-12 level for 52 weeks.
For the GS-12, you must have been at the GS-11 level for 52 weeks.
We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
– Relocation expenses will not be paid.
– This is a non-bargaining unit position.
– We offer opportunities for telework.
– We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
– A one year probationary period may be required.
– Must successfully complete a background investigation.
– Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
– If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
– Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9 . Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
– Obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a "not qualified" determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Project Management, Communication, Technical, and Leadership. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview. We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must receive a score of 85 or better to be rated as "well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
A complete application includes 1. A resume, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible). Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.
All applicants are required to submit a resume either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/date/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your resume. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your resume to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view resume tips .
CURRENT AND FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES — Documentation Relating to Your Federal Employment:
– You must submit a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, which shows your current (or most recent) grade and competitive service status. (The "position occupied" block on the SF-50 should show a "1" and your "tenure" block should show a "1" or "2".)
– Indicate on your application the highest permanent grade you have held; if this grade is different from your current grade, you must submit a copy of an additional SF-50 showing this grade.
Land Management Eligibles must provide all required documentation to verify eligibility, prior performance, and qualifications for the target position. You can find information on the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act and eligibility HERE . Land Management Eligibles must compete under competitive merit promotion procedures and meet all applicable requirements as such (time-in-grade restrictions do not apply).
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) OR INTERAGENCY CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (ICTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click CTAP/ICTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents you must submit in order to be eligible.
If you are applying under a special hiring authority (e.g. Military Spouses, Interchange Agreement, VEOA, VRA , Schedule A Disability, etc.), please see applicant guide for required documentation . In order to be eligible under one of these authorities, you must submit all required documentation as outlined in the applicant guide.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.