Insurance Defense Attorney, Bodily Injury
As an insurance defense attorney within our bodily injury (BI) unit, youll be a part of our motor vehicle insurance defense litigation team, providing legal representation to Progressive insureds and/or to the Progressive Insurance Companies before courts and arbitration panels in all aspects of litigation. Handling cases from beginning to end, youll also prepare legal pleadings, motions, statements, trial briefs and be involved in negotiating settlements. Additionally, youll work closely with clients and claims partners to prepare timely reports on litigation, ensuring all appropriate defenses are leveraged to reach positive outcomes.? Other tasks will include analyzing written discovery, depositions, medical records and assessing the value of claims to determine risk exposure.?
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) from an accredited law school
- Active license to practice law in?Georgia
- 2 years of general/auto civil litigation experience
- 3-6 years experience in auto defense litigation or plaintiffs personal injury
- Able to work independently or with a team with strong attention to detail along with the ability to organize and prioritize workload while working with an electronic diary
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify risk with strong understanding of all applicable ethical duties
- Ability to work effectively with clients and customers and negotiate on their behalf?
- Gainshare bonus up to 40% of your eligible earnings; Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance?
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 6%?
- Diverse, inclusive and welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups?
- Career development and tuition assistance?
- Wellness?programs to help you maintain a better quality of life?
- Medical, dental and vision,?including free preventive care?
Equal Opportunity Employer?
: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Work From Home: No