Who will love this job:
- An attorney excited by our mission who seeks to be a thought leader and partner to our internal business teams
- An expert on a broad range of employment matters, including but not limited to, applicable employment laws and best practices and policies, compensation, benefits, performance management and terminations
- A strong communicator who is excited to collaborate closely with multiple departments and teams across the globe.
- A team player who values contributing to the expertise and skills of the legal team.
What youll do:
- Be the primary counsel and strategic lead for all employment law matters company-wide
- Help develop and maintain internal policy that align Schrdinger with all current employment laws and regulations and company values
- Partner with and advise HR on best practices for employee relations
- Advise on best practices to support employee retention and minimize litigation risk
- Keep up to date with best employment practices and applicable law
- Manage outside counsel as applicable on any employment matters
What youll need:
- The critical thinking skills to pull together complex information from multiple sources and synthesizing it to arrive at well-reasoned recommendations and conclusions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Active membership in NY state bar
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience in-house or at a law firm.
Pay and perks:Schrdinger understands its people that make a company great. Because of this, were prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrdinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain’s New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.