JumpCrew is looking for a Part Time Corporate Counsel capable of producing complex contract agreements and negotiations, multi-disciplinary functions on behalf of the executive leadership team. You will work cross-functionally between the C-Suite and Business Leaders to handle all of JumpCrews legal needs not limited to employment matters, non-competes, business contracts, client service vendor agreements, collections, sending legal letters, NDAs, and M&A activity. We will look to you for all of our corporate legal needs! Would you be interested in being a key player with one of the Top Tech Startups in Nashville?
The ideal candidate will have experience drafting and negotiating service agreements, such as sales and service contracts, advising on banking contracts, and partnering with sales and marketing teams to close deals. This position requires a highly intelligent self-starter and a business team player who can effectively manage and negotiate deals with minimal supervision in a dynamic and fast-moving environment. This person excels at having a business mindset while also having the ability to give legal advice.
Commitment Level: 15-20 hours per week
- Serve as JumpCrews primary legal counsel, advising on all aspects of the business
- Reviewing, summarizing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts, including client service agreements, business contracts, non-compete agreements, purchase and sale agreements, financing documents, distribution agreements, license agreements, and confidentiality agreements.
- Provide top-quality, proactive, accurate and effective legal support in a fast-moving environment with minimal supervision.
- Advise internal stakeholders on questions and guidance related to third party contracts and vendor relationships.
- Negotiate, draft and interpret contracts, assisting management in the negotiation of terms, minimizing risk, and protecting the company’s interests
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, employment laws, regulations, and ethical standards that affect business activities
- Conduct a thorough review of all existing operations, procedures and legal documents to ensure compliance
- Provide professional legal interpretations and recommendations to JumpCrew executives
- Juris Doctor degree with excellent academic credentials
- Minimum of 5 years legal experience
- A combination of both in-house and law firm practice experience is preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong writing and legal research skills, and a strong work ethic
- Experience negotiating complex client service agreements; excellent drafting and negotiating skills and a solid understanding of sales life cycles
- Strong experience creating and scaling processes and policies for a rapidly growing company
- Generous tenure-based PTO plan
- 9 company holidays
- Healthcare benefits
- Learning and career growth opportunities
- Regular company outings – lunch and happy hours!