As pioneers in audio and video technology, we at Poly uniquely understand the power of human connection. We’ve seen it drive innovation, solve problems, inspire action and power productivity. We are bringing together our portfolio of high-quality, proven products and services to connect people to what matters most — whether it’s their colleagues, customers, playlists or favorite games. Together, our technology will keep that connection strong and fuel a future collaboration and understanding, in spite of circumstances, distance or time zones.
Polys Legal Department has an exciting opportunity for an experienced sales and operations attorney. As the Sr. Director, Associate General Counsel Operations and Strategic Alliances Attorney, you will
assist with all transactional and operational matters for Poly and its subsidiaries worldwide. You will work closely with our sales, procurement, finance, and operations professionals, as well other members of the legal team and business partners worldwide, advising at all levels of the organization both domestically and internationally. This position will be located in San Jose and/or Santa Cruz, California.
- Responsible for overseeing legal issues and providing legal advice related to strategic engagements, manufacturing and sales of Poly products, services and solutions, including alliance agreements, manufacturing agreements, sales agreements, cloud service terms, sales operations support, government contracts, and channel partner materials.
- Identify, research, and analyze applicable regulatory issues and regulations that impact Poly sales operations, revenue worldwide, and Federal sales.
- Support procurement team to provide legal guidance and negotiate services and direct supply agreements in accordance with global procurement guidelines and policies.
- Manage strategic alliance relationships with primary responsibility for negotiating and drafting various agreements impacting these relationships and advise various business groups with respect to rights and obligations under the governing documents relating to such relationship.
- Strong ability to work cross functionally with supply chain and operations, strategy, sales (including Federal sales), and finance teams.
- Draft and maintain agreement and policy templates.
- Support regulatory compliance areas by providing legal guidance, developing strategic initiatives, developing global policies, procedures and guidelines, and assisting with implementation of company-wide compliance programs.
- Identify and understand applicable regulatory issues, regulations that affect Poly operations and revenue worldwide.
- Coordinate with global legal organization to support compliance training and compliance program consistent with global internal policies and procedures.
- Support sales and procurement global legal matters as needed.
- Work collaboratively as part of a global legal team.
- Manage personnel including paralegal functions supporting legal operations worldwide.
- Negotiate and draft channel, partner and direct agreements with government agencies.
- Provide accurate, timely, business-oriented legal advice to all levels of company management in connection with obtaining and performing contracts and subcontracts on U.S. Federal, State and Local Government programs, including advice on government sub-contracting compliance.
- Other areas, as assigned.
- JD required. Bar admission and in good standing in California;
- The candidate must have 10+ years of experience counselling multinational companies on global and commercial transaction matters including government contract support;
- Experience advising clients on U.S. federal, state and local government contract matters, including knowledge of the FAR/DFARS as well as those requirements unique to contracting with the Government.
- Knowledge and experience with ITAR, EAR, FCPA, and trade compliance regulations and compliance.
- Prior in-house experience preferred. International sales experience is a plus;
- Ability to draft documents, policies and messages in a concise and digestible manner for non-lawyers;
- Flexibility to adapt and thrive in an environment that is constantly changing with an ability to prioritize and re-prioritize based upon the needs of the business;
- Excellent judgment supported by a point of view that is thoughtful and well communicated;
- Ability to work cross-functionality with different departments to reach alignment and buy-in;
- Strong command of commercial transactions, operations and regulations and best practices;
- Excellent written and verbal communications;
- Strong business acumen and work ethic;
- Creative, proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, self-directed and highly ethical.
- Recognize when to elevate certain matters to the attention of the General Counsel and ability to use good judgment and call out issues and solutions as needed;
- Perform other tasks as assigned from time to time by the Associate General Counsel or General Counsel;
- Committed to being a legal business partner to internal clients;
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management;
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting;
- Able to manage heavy workload in a high-pressure environment;
- Good team player, calm under pressure; and
- Eagerness to assume legal work outside of transactional law area as the business needs require.
No relocation offered
Poly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.