Join our team and experience Workday!
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. At Workday, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday, a fast-growing Software as a Service (SaaS) company in Pleasanton, CA, is seeking an Assistant General Counsel with 10 – 15 years broad technology transactional experience including 5-7+ years of public sector (both Federal and SLED) experience to join our growing legal team. The Assistant General Counsel will provide legal support for complex outbound sales negotiations for federal and other public sector opportunities, as well as strategic leadership and counsel for the development of Workdays growing public sector business. Additionally, this role will provide strategic support for Workdays emerging federal practice and facilitate the associated compliance framework for such market. This role will report to Workdays Director, Legal for Education and Government and will have significant interaction with the companys sales and services management, business units, and customers nationwide. We are seeking an outstanding lawyer who can manage multiple responsibilities and tasks in a fast-paced and high-growth environment. The ideal candidate will be a true field leader and possess an executive presence that will make him or her effective and persuasive in dealing with and building relationships with customers as well as senior management and business executives. He or she will help Workday build and sustain a fast-growing global business and will have a proven track record of leading complex public sector transactions.
- Lead, counsel and oversee outbound public sector licensing and complex transactional matters for Workday, including transactions involving contracting vehicles, resellers and subcontracting arrangements
- Deliver pragmatic, opportune, and business-oriented legal counsel to Workdays various clients, customers and internal stakeholders
- Help counsel business units to support business initiatives and internal compliance related to public sector requirements, in addition to a wide range of legal issues
- Facilitate and maintain relationships with customers and partners
- JD from a recognized U.S. law school and licensed to practice, and/or eligible for in-house registration
- 10+ years broad-based experience with a leading software or technology company
- 5+ years experience with US federal market transactions
- Specific experience in a SaaS, cloud computing, enterprise software or social network environment is highly valued
- Excellent contract negotiation and drafting skills
- Strong deal making skills that go beyond negotiating legal terms and resolving legal issues
- Superior business judgment and the ability to address complex opportunities and issues in creative and effective ways
- Ability to see around corners to identify opportunities and issues in our market space and participate fully with the business teams charting our future sales directions
- Significant experience negotiating complex contracts and licensing arrangements, and resolving complex disputes, is highly valued, as is experience counseling organizations on public sector requirements and compliance issues
- Detail-orientation and ability to manage multiple transactions and projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to create and sustain lasting relationships with customers and management
- Excellent judgment and sense of humor,
- Ability to deliver in a demanding and entrepreneurial environment in a timely manner
- A strong team player who can work well with Workday colleagues in Finance, Human Resources, Sales and other functions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-output, team oriented, practical environment
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the Company
- Committed to his or her personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action