Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Conduct research, interviews clients, witnesses
- Represent client in court, and before quasi-judicial or administrative agencies of government; interprets laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Confer with colleagues to establish and verify basis for legal proceedings
- Cooperate with Development team, including speaking engagements and other events
- Review in-house contracts and legal issues
- Interact with media regarding cases and issues
- Advises allied attorneys on legal issues within areas of competence.
- Network and develop relationships with allied attorneys, and/or potential allied attorneys.
- Train junior attorneys; perform quality control via review and editing of trainees drafts; in-house workshop, and one-on-one mentoring
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
- You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Westlaw
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and proven project management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proven customer service and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Professionally handle confidential information
- Work, motivate, and initiate within a team.
- Prioritize and achieve deadline goals
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelors degree
- J.D., license to practice law