Global Privacy Counsel
Global Privacy Counsel
Location: Dallas, Texas
As we advance Kimberly-Clarks data strategies and continue to live our corporate values, we are enabling a global privacy program that ensures privacy is built into our products and services at the forefront. As part of our global privacy transformation, this role will spearhead the Privacy-by-Design legal division within Kimberly-Clarks Global Privacy Program.
The Position and its Scope:
- Administer Data Protection Impact Assessments and Privacy Impact Assessments with the Global Privacy Programs Privacy-by-Design division.
- Assist regional lawyers in evaluating the impact of privacy laws, regulatory guidance and enforcement actions, and other related guidelines on product features and processes such as incident response.
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in areas of data privacy and protection laws (including state and federal consumer protection and privacy laws, GDPR and other global privacy laws) and advise on the impact of the same on Kimberly Clark’s business.
- Support members of the legal, business, and policy teams on privacy and security-related legal matters, including areas related to partnerships, acquisitions, integrations, and other business development opportunities.
- Drive high-profile and high-impact projects involving privacy analysis and compliance with stakeholders across Kimberly-Clark’s business, policy, legal, communications, security, and other departments.
- Help draft and oversee the development and management of Kimberly Clark’s (and its affiliates’) terms and data policies across the full range of Kimberly Clark’s different products.
- Help to develop and conduct general and role-specific privacy trainings across Kimberly-Clark.
- Administer privacy risk assessments, create privacy risk registers, and support remediation plans in collaboration with privacy champions.
- Create, analyze, and drive continuous improvements based on evaluating results from KPIs, audits, or surveys in furtherance of privacy program maturity.
- Provide regular updates on the status and effectiveness of the global privacy program, key risks, and mitigation activities to regional and global business leadership in collaboration with other functions.
This position reports to the Global Privacy Officer and works closely with the regional business units and general counsel.
- 7-10 years experience in privacy legal, ideally within an international law firm and/or in-house experience.
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one US state bar.
- Deep experience conducting DPIAs and PIAs, with knowledge of privacy regulatory, contracts, and compliance issues.
- Experience prioritizing work and providing advice under deadlines.
- In depth transformational and leadership experience, gained preferably with an international company.
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to inspire, motivate and coach diverse teams.
- Strong decision-making capabilities with a proven ability to weigh relative benefits and costs of potential options.
- Highly motivated with an ability to achieve both open-ended challenges and strictly defined tasks.
- Keen business acumen coupled with a smart risk, resolution-oriented approach.
- A team-oriented mentality with the proven ability to work effective with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- IAPP privacy certification is a plus.
Travel Requirements: 20%
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
K-C will support in country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-Cs applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-Cs sole discretion.