Learn more about this agency
1. Assists in analyzing, proposing, and implementing various computer technologies and services; designs, encodes, tests, and debugs program modules or user defined modifications;
2. Assists in analyzing computer technical problems, evaluating improvements and benefits which could be derived from modifications of existing systems, and developing plans to address issues, problems and concerns in a cost-effective manner;
3. Assists the technical advisors on the computerization, architecture, design, and application of electronic information/computer systems;
4. Coordinates the work of others to develop, test, install, and modify programs;
5. Understands and supports other services of the Legislative Computer Systems (LCS) and assists in coordinating efforts with vendors, other departments, and users in the Clerk's office.
Conditions of Employment
Good knowledge of at least one relevant programming language, as well as design and configuration of various computerized information systems. Must have appropriate background and education to evaluate, program, and design systems, and have supervisory and training abilities.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check. Employment with the U.S. House of Representatives is at-will. EOE.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Five or more years of experience building applications and services while working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
Experience with SQL, MongoDB and/or Elastic databases.
A strong desire to research and study new emerging technologies or consideration in future and ongoing development efforts.
Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
Experience supporting and working closely with project customers.
Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Highly qualified candidates will be evaluated based on a structured interview.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.