VillageHealth, also doing business as DaVita Integrated Kidney Care (DaVita IKC), is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health.
When you join the DaVita Village, you are joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth, and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally. DaVitas Compliance department identifies, develops, and implements strategies to mitigate risk in a quickly evolving healthcare regulatory landscape. As a Manager, you will join a team of highly motivated individuals and will be a key player in enhancing compliance oversight. This position is instrumental in supporting compliance program risk assessments, supporting external auditing activities, and execution of monitoring programs here at DaVita, with particular focus on programmatic compliance for integrated kidney care (IKC).
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A “community first, company second” culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Here’s what you can expect as a Healthcare Compliance Manager at DaVita:
The position is located in Denver, Colorado. This position is responsible for supporting the Companys successful execution of the VillageHealth compliance program. The compliance team Manager serves as a subject matter specialist who provides support directly or indirectly to multiple operations stakeholder, legal counsel, and compliance professionals across the Village as a part of DaVitas Compliance team, Team Quest. As a Manager, you will join a team of highly motivated individuals and will be a key player in enhancing compliance oversight.
The position encompasses multiple functional areas related to DaVitas healthcare regulatory compliance program, such as: participating in risk assessments; responding to requested audits; supporting auditing and monitoring compliance activities; day-to-day support of VillageHealths commercial business and comprehensive care business; the development of policies and procedures; creation and implementation of compliance program training and other compliance-related activities; effectively communicating across various departments internally and externally; understanding new contractual arrangements; and managing competing priorities related to healthcare compliance and CMS regulations across commercial and government programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to Senior Compliance Manager;
- Identifies and assesses areas of compliance risk; documents findings and recommendations; and drives development and monitors completion of corrective action plans;
- Partners and collaborates with VillageHealth leadership and legal counsel to develop compliance infrastructure and guidance on all new and current initiatives, including creation of business rationale documentation, review of contractual compliance contract requirements, training, and fielding and responding to day-to-day compliance policy questions;
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of policies and procedures, creation and implementation of training program(s), supporting risk assessments, monitoring corrective action plans, and development of audit and monitoring plans;
- Responsible for developing strong relationships throughout VillageHealth to foster an advisory /collaborative approach to proactive compliance;
- Responds to and supports oversight of responses to compliance-related inquiries;
- Develops and supports management of project plans for VillageHealth compliance program activities;
- Makes recommendations to compliance leadership, develops and executes plans to implement recommendations in conjunction with compliance management;
- Demonstrate an aptitude for critical thinking in complex situations and an ability to synthesize ambiguous data into concrete insights; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Travel required – Minimal
Minimum Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
- Bachelors degree required; JD/MBA/CPA/CIA or other relevant advanced degree or certifications a plus;
- Certificate in Healthcare Compliance preferred;
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a legal or compliance professional responsible for the development, implementation and/or sustaining of an effective compliance program;
- Preferred experience working in client serving role (e.g., legal firm, Big 4 accounting firm, or consulting firm) or working directly for government agency (e.g., CMS, OIG, HHS, other);
- Preferred 3+ years in reputable legal, accounting, or management consulting firm;;
- Preferred experience with or working knowledge of federal healthcare regulatory Fraud, Waste, and Abuse laws including, but not limited to Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, and Civil Monetary Penalty Law, and healthcare compliance program experience a strong plus;
- Experience or working knowledge of Medicare Part A and B, Accountable Care Organizations (and associated contractual arrangements), Medicare reimbursement methodologies, health insurance operations, coding, or claims processing;
- Preferred experience working with health plans or Accountable Care Organizations, and especially with associated contractual arrangements;
- Preferred experience implementing or maintaining compliance and legal requirements; for physician practices (e.g., credentialing, billing, coding, payments, etc.);
- Strong organizational and project management skills with demonstrated attention to detail;
- Solid technology skills, including Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel and PowerPoint);
- A thoughtful, articulate and effective communicator who can distill and articulate the important aspects of any issue to a wide audience of participants;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills (including presentations), and the ability to drive execution in a team environment;
- Demonstrated experience in implementing major process improvement/redesign, organization change, or transformation programs within a large organization;
- Demonstrated management-level presentation experience;
- Must be self-motivated, team player with proven ability to identify issues and manage priorities in a fast paced environment while striving for practical business solutions; and
- Hands on, efficient and proven ability to Get Stuff Done with a bias for action and a strong sense of ownership.
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today. Join us as we pursue our vision “To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen.”
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer Vet and Disability. To learn more about what this means click here.