“At Credit Union of New Jersey, we believe in the freedom to prosper. With nearly 40,000 members across the state, we live to see our membersand our teamreach their ambitions. Our team is 75 years in the making and were looking to add a highly motivated, dependable Compliance Officer to our team. Are you ready to prosper?”
This position will be the appointed Compliance Officer for the Credit Union. The Compliance Officer will research, implement and ensure Credit Unions policies and procedures comply with the rules associated with mortgage lending, deposits, and consumer lending.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Analyzes new and pending laws and regulations which will affect the credit union operations, develops and periodically reviews and updates the policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, notify all affected parties of the changes and the new procedures adopted.
- Conducts monthly internal audits to make sure the credit is complaint. Coordinates and works with external compliance auditors on quarterly basis. Follows up on all exceptions noted in the regulatory or internal compliance audits and meets with the departments to correct noncompliance.
- Prepares monthly Board reports for SARs filed and provides the monthly compliance reports to the Examining committee.
- Completes full review of the AML reports including flagging of accounts and/or monitoring of transactions as necessary.
- Validates all marketing printed materials and electronic materials to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. Recommend changes to management to include potential and/or real risk exposure both monetary and non-monetary (i.e. reputation, creditability, etc.).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent plus five to ten years related experience plus compliance certification for a financial institution; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This individual must be available for scheduling during Credit Union operating hours. Staffing assignments are periodically adjusted to meet business needs. This position could be transferred to another office in the same geographic region at any time.
Why Work for Us
At Credit Union of New Jersey, you’ll find a member-centric culture built around helping our members and giving back to our community. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
In addition, you will enjoy a robust benefits package that demonstrates our dedication to employee satisfaction to include but not limited to:
- Excellent compensation
- Benefits package for all full-time employees including medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan, with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life & disability insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid time-off
- Paid holidays
- Receive continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals
- Credit Union Membership
- Annual employee recognition dinner
- Employee discounts on credit union products and services
- Community Outreach through our Foundation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer