Primary Responsibilities The Counsel will support all legal matters for Safari Energy, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Draft and/or review a broad range of transactional documents for renewable energy transactions (including but not limited to memoranda of understanding, letters of intent, acquisition agreements, engineering, procurement and construction agreements, and operation and maintenance agreements), and for general commercial matters.
- Independently manage legal aspects of solar project financings and subsidiary M&A activity, including management of legal due diligence, transaction document negotiation and coordination of closings for sale-and-leaseback tax equity investments.
- Provide a variety of general corporate and commercial legal advice at negotiation, drafting and execution stages, including with respect to pre-litigation disputes, risk mitigation, warranty exposures, corporate governance aspects and regulatory/policy compliance.
- Coordinate with PPL Office of General Counsel in connection with the preparation of corporate and governance materials (e.g., articles of formation, operating agreements and director and member consents).
- Support corporate structuring activities, including formation and contribution of legal entities.
- Enforce Safaris policies and coordinate the execution of key documents by Safaris officers and directors.
- Analyze and interpret laws, statutes and regulations, and identify areas of compliance, as well as potential vulnerability and risk; partner with the appropriate business unit(s) and/or operations in order to develop and implement appropriate action plans.
- Engage with and effectively manage outside counsel to provide efficient and quality support to the business within budgets and deadlines; support outside counsel in tracking and monitoring disputes; and manage legal billing within budget.
- Maintain Safaris template agreements.
Candidate Qualifications Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelors degree
- Juris Doctorate
- Admission to practice law in at least one U.S. state and the ability to practice law in the State of New York
- Experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating transactional documents relating to renewable energy projects and other complex commercial agreements
- A minimum of seven years of progressively increasing legal experience in renewables, and some combination of real estate, construction and project finance, preferably in both law firm and in-house settings
- Experience managing lawyers and other legal personnel
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to advise business managers on complex legal matters
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment, on-time and within budget
- Self-motivated and business-oriented with an ability to proactively engage with business colleagues to find practical solutions
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
- Very high level of attention to detail
- Comfortable working as part of different teams and eager to interact with diverse people and businesses
- Ability to set an example and ensure high ethical, legal and compliance standards, including adherence to the companys standards of conduct
- Ability to simplify complicated issues to internal clients
- Excellent interpersonal and active listening skills
- Prepared to speak up, present and actively participate in business and legal discussions
- Strong self-awareness, constructive mindset, and eagerness to seek and receive feedback
Equal Employment Opportunity Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.