HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button. Applications submitted without a resume will not be accepted.
The FBIs Applications and Data Division is looking for passionate technologists to help us face some of the nations toughest challenges. We provide end-to-end technical services for the applications and data that enable FBI Special Agents and Intelligence Analysts around the world to protect the American public and uphold the U.S. Constitution. Join us in developing technologies to further the mission of the FBI. Our goal is simple: stay ahead of threats by delivering on the potential of software and data.
As a Software Engineer, you will design and develop data platforms and solutions; collect and analyze system requirements; evaluate viable options; test and conduct quality assurance, configuration and change management; and provide ongoing maintenance and support.
Salary is commensurate to experience and location.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Meet the FBIs Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Must pass an FBI polygraph examination.
- Must have (or be able to obtain) a valid drivers license.
- Must pass an FBI-administered urinalysis drug test.
- Must be in compliance with the FBI Employment Drug Policy:
- No use of marijuana within the last three years.
- No use of any other illegal drug in the past 10 years.
- No selling, distributing, manufacturing or transporting of any illegal drugs.
- No use of a prescription drug or a legally obtainable substance in a manner for which it was not intended within the last three years.
- Must never have been convicted of a felony.
- Must never have knowingly or willfully engaged in acts or activities designed to overthrow the U.S. government by force.
- Must never have failed to file federal, state or local income tax returns.
- Must not be in default on a student loan insured by the U.S. government.
- Must not be in default on court-ordered child support payments.
- Must be registered with the Selective Service System (males only, exceptions apply).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
All degrees must be from an accredited college or university and must be verified by submitting college transcripts.
Specialized Experience (SE)
- Experience with software engineering fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, design patterns).
- Strong programming and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and debugging skills necessary to determine the root cause of a software defect or technical issue.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) concepts.
- Ability to develop software using Java, C++ and Python.
- Some experience with alternative database technologies such as ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation and Durability) as found in many relational database management systems and BASE (Basic Availability, Soft State and Eventual Consistency) as found in many NoSQL database management systems.
- Experience in software engineering development methodologies including Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
- The ability to work on multiple parallel projects and tasks and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- The ability to comprehend and analyze complex technical problems and quickly identify and implement solutions to address those problems.
- Experience with applying Cloud services as integral components of larger solutions and have a demonstrated ability to brief Cloud concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences and advocate for customers.
- Understand and explain business logic and technical concepts to nontechnical stakeholders.