Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as Personal Cell or Cellular in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. Were looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision, values & goals of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargos enterprise success.
Wells Fargo & Company, a diversified financial services company, is seeking an ERISA attorney to join its Legal Department. Responsibilities of this selected individual will be to support Human Resources Employee Benefits group with ERISA and employee benefit issues, including qualified retirement plans and health and welfare plans.
- 2+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active State Bar membership
- Ability to research law and regulations and develop advice with respect to complex legal issues using public as well as company websites and databases
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience preparing legal memoranda for senior attorneys and business leaders
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work while handling multiple matters
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration
- Effective in building partnerships, functioning well with project teams, and working for the success of the team
Other Desired Qualifications
- Familiarity with ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code and corresponding regulations & guidance on employee benefit plan related requirements.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.