Keypath Education is seeking a highly skilled, business-minded attorney with strong interpersonal skills to join our team as Associate General Counsel reporting to our General Counsel.
The Associate General Counsel will work on all aspects of Keypaths global legal strategy and practice, handling a diverse range of legal matters, providing business-forward advice and managing risk in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The Associate General Counsel must be self-motivated and resourceful, able to get up to speed and advise on the full spectrum of legal and regulatory issues of a global education technology company with offices in the US, Canada, Australia and the UK and plans to expand into Southeast Asia. Reporting to our General Counsel, the successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively with senior management and internal clients (including business development, operations, finance, tax, information technology, human resources and marketing) and represent Keypath externally in negotiations with a wide range of university partners, vendors and other third parties.
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements underlying Keypaths commercial activities: including, university partner contracts, technology and intellectual property licensing agreements, leases and various vendor agreements.
- Work collaboratively with internal business teams to identify, research, and manage legal risk across a wide range of business initiatives.
- Provide guidance on compliance with global privacy and data security laws, regulations, industry standards, self-regulatory requirements, and best practices.
- Review and negotiate privacy and data security contract issues that arise in a wide variety of commercial transactions.
- Strategize, advise and manage outside counsel on litigation matters.
- Manage and protect Keypaths intellectual property portfolio.
- Advise on human resources and employment-related issues.
- Assist in the management of corporate governance matters.
- Monitor and advise on trends and laws in higher education in the US, Canada, Australia, the UK and Southeast Asia.
- Ad hoc assignments / additional duties as designated by General Counsel.
Education: Juris Doctor from an accredited law school; license in good standing with at least one state bar (Illinois preferred).
Experience: 5-10 years legal experience with combination of major law firm and in-house experience.
- Highly motivated, business-friendly team player committed to supporting internal clients in achieving their objectives in a complex, dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities while meeting tight deadlines and providing top-notch service.
- Must be a seasoned, detail-oriented practitioner with extraordinary judgment who will learn Keypaths business, see around corners, self-educate, and be viewed as a reliable expert.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of the Higher Education and Post-Secondary Education sector.
- Experience in data privacy compliance (GDPR, CCPA).
- Experience in integrating acquired businesses.
- Experience presenting to, and working with, a Board of Directors.
- Public company experience.
Keypath Education offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401K
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Get a degree at one of our Partner Programs with free tuition!
About Keypath Education:
Our global mission is: Educate professionals to transform their world. We do this by partnering with the worlds leading universities to deliver career-relevant education to professionals. Keypath Education provides a market-led & tech-focused online education solution. We set ourselves apart from other providers thanks to our global team of education experts who provide us with a breadth of diversity and data, which allows us to respond quickly to the Future of Work trends. We have an unwavering commitment to the student experience, an unrivalled desire to innovate, and a drive to leave a positive mark on the world.
Keypath acts as an extension of the university’s team, keeping its brand and academic rigor intact while accelerating the growth and quality of the university program portfolio and providing an exceptional student experience through industry-leading technology. Services provided include market research, program development, marketing, student recruitment, student retention, clinical placement, faculty recruitment and course design and development.
Aside from the great perks and investment in our people’s own learning and development, it’s our culture that makes Keypath Education unique. We truly put our people first our employees and our students. Our mantra is, “Be Bold and Do Meaningful Work.” We seek out unique challenges. We move fast by choice. We push ourselves to be lifelong learners and demand the best from one another. It’s what defines Keypath and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
To deliver on this mission, the first thing we did was hire the best and brightest leaders in online learning. We opened offices in Melbourne, London, Chicago, Toronto, and have virtual employees all over the world to support our university partners.
While our journey is just beginning, our team has accomplished so much already. We work with more than 29 partners worldwide, supporting 100+ degree programs. Our university partners are recognized for their academic quality, with most being regionally or nationally ranked.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY THE INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED OF THE POSITION. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INIDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORTIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, MARITAL STATUS, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGININ, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY OR OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.