Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the companys continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit
Job” rel=”noopener noreferrer nofollow”>… Summary
Corporate Counsel provides advice and counsel on legal matters involving the company and its affiliates; serves as a member of the corporate in-house legal team advising the organization. Drafts, reviews, and revises a variety of commercial agreements and instruments involving the companys interests, including acquisition agreements, confidentiality agreements, vendor agreements, and corporate governance documents. Keeps informed of relevant legislation affecting overall company operations. Researches and advises management with respect to such legislation. Works with representatives from various departments on strategic transactions including mergers and acquisitions. Areas of specialization include but not limited to Mergers & Acquisitions, Securities Law, Banking, and Vendor and Contract.
Corporate Counsel will perform general corporate legal functions and serve as primary legal support for mergers and acquisitions team
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations
- Developed legal research, written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi task, prioritize and work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload and balance competing priorities.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates and external company contacts.
- Microsoft office products
- Law Degree Required
- Admitted to practice in the domestic US
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 3-5 years professional experience in area of specialization
License or Certification
- Licensed to practice, in good standing
First American invests in its employees development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.