Senior Director, Associate General Counsel
Contribute to outstanding innovation + Make braver choices
Senior Director, Associate General Counsel
As a privately-owned, specialty healthcare company, Ferring focuses on developing life-changing innovations that help people live better lives. Our independence helps us cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit and long-term perspective that enables us to achieve growth and scale while remaining agile and true to our people first philosophy. Built on a 70-year commitment to science and research, Ferring is relentless in pursuit of science that drives powerful discoveries and therapies to help people build families, stay healthy, and stand up to the worlds oldest enemy: disease.
Lead counsel for the company on employment law matters. Lead litigation function for all US companies by managing all law suits and other disputes. Achieve positive outcomes for Ferring in litigation. Identify and implement risk mitigation strategies for potential litigation risks. Responsible for litigation budget and implementing cost controls related to litigation.
- Lead offense/ defense on all Ferring U.S. litigation (excluding patent, trademark) or potential litigation.
- Provide counsel and recommendations to the US CEO and Executive Committee regarding same.
- Assess and quantify legal risk and provide strategic options for prevention/resolution to litigation.
- Selection, retention and management of outside counsel as necessary to handle claims and lawsuits
- Responsibility for witnesses including Ferring employee witnesses.
- Lead the defense in class action and other litigations brought against Ferring US and Canada related to the Bravelle recall. Thus far, 15 law suits have been filed against Ferring totally more than 120 named plaintiffs (if the class actions are certified there may be 30,000+ plaintiffs between US and Canada).
- Manage a team of 10-15 attorneys at the law firms chosen to represent Ferring in these cases.
- Mange multi-million dollar budget associated with these cases.
- Design, communicate, train and Implement a global proactive process for Ferring Global to identify and mitigate potential product liability risks.
- Advise HR and Business leaders on labor and employment laws and diversity and inclusion initiatives. Manage company matters subject to labor and employment law (e.g., re-organizations).
- Manage US and Canadian products liability matters.
- Advise on relevant laws related compensation and benefits.
E-Discovery and Data Privacy
- Responsible for document holds, including ex-US if related to US litigation, claims and investigations.
- Discovery, including document production management
- Manage e-discovery arising from potential/pending claims, litigation and investigations
- Develop and manage litigation budget.
- Other duties assigned by the US General Counsel
- Member of Investigations Oversight Committee
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school, with a minimum of 10years experience, including 5 years in-house pharma practice.
Admission to practice law in New Jersey or IHC license.
- Experience with complex litigation in the pharmaceutical industry including class action and multidistrict litigation, jury trials and alternative dispute resolution.
- Experience handling contentious negotiations and settlements.
- Both law firm and in-house experience preferred.
- Knowledge of products liability, antitrust and US labor and employment law.
- Background in general corporate and transactional work in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Forming and managing direct relationships and communication with external specialists and internal clients, including senior leadership.
- Budget management.
- Individual must be a team player, motivate others, able to demonstrate a history of successfully resolving challenging legal issues and able to effectively deliver sound and clear legal advice in a business setting.
- Successful outcomes in litigation and other disputes.
- Clear understanding by the company and its managers of legal risks to the organization and appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Increased awareness and training of employees of litigation subjects.
Join our team and youll become part of a close-knit family one in which youll be listened
to and your contributions valued. Surrounded by like-minded people, youll have the support to achieve more. So if you love to come up with new ways to make a positive difference and see them through, welcome to the team.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected
Veterans/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.