About the Position: Incumbent will serve as a Deputy Product Manager with Program Executive Office (PEO), Missiles and Space
Learn more about this agency
- Lead and supervise a team of personnel required to develop coherent and integrated strategic plans to achieve the desired results.
- Exercise delegated authority to oversee the overall planning, directions, and timely execution of programs.
- Provide overall direction and guidance for the development, acquisition, testing, systems integration, technology integration, product improvement, fielding and reduction of life cycle costs of assigned program.
- Responsible for placing primary management emphasis and oversight on interoperability, life cycle management, and balancing cost, schedule, and performance while capitalizing on Acquisition Reform activities.
25% or less – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires the incumbent to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
- This position requires the incumbent to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, upon entering the position and annually thereafter.
- Selectees must complete certification at Level III in the Acquisition Career Field Program Management within 24 months with an additional 12 months from the date of Entrance on Duty (EOD) up to a total of 36 months.
- This position may require incumbent to travel (TDY) up to 25% of the time.
- This is a Critical Acquisition Position (CAP) requiring Acquisition Corps Membership.
- Selectees must sign an AAC written tenure agreement to remain in the Federal service in this position for at least three (3) years.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Interchange Agreement
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes experience in major defense acquisition programs across the weapon system life-cycle; experience managing resources (budget, manpower) across multiple projects or programs; experience developing and coordinating acquisition documents with external stakeholders for weapon systems. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service NH-03 ( GS-13).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Administration and Management
- Creative Thinking
- Organizational Performance Analysis
- Planning and Evaluating
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone–no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Acquisition Corp Members – Submit either your Acquisition Corps Membership Certificate; membership letter from the Agency's Director- Acquisition Career Management, Acquisition Career Record Brief (ACRB) or other agency equivalent document.
Non-Acquisition Corps Members – Submit your transcripts.
Baccalaureate degree from an accredited educational institution and ONE of the following is required:
24 semester credit hours from among the following disciplines: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, and organization and management.
24 semester credit hours in the person's career field and 12 semester credit hours in the disciplines listed above. Credit hours within the person's career field may also satisfy the requirement for part or all of the 12 credit hours in the disciplines listed above. The same hours may be used to meet both requirements.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 General Administration and Management – position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https: www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction/ for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations.
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Career Field Position.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology Workforce position.
Selectees must meet the position requirements for certification at Level 3 in Program Management within 24 months of entrance on duty. (Certification requirements may be found in the Defense Acquisition University Catalog at http: www.dau.mil/).
- Due to the impact of the Coronavirus, individuals with entrance of duty dates prior to April 1, 2021 will have an additional 12 months from the date of Entrance on Duty (EOD) up to a total of 36 months.
- Acquisition Corps (AAC) membership is required prior to appointment to a Critical Acquisition Position (CAP), except as noted in the paragraph below.
- Acquisition Corp Members – Submit either your Acquisition Corps Membership Certificate; membership letter from the Agency's Director- Acquisition Career Management, Acquisition Career Record Brief (ACRB) or other agency equivalent document.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Critical-Sensitive (CS)/High Risk
Trust determination process
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility .
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume .
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Proof of Eligibility to Apply: Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.