HireRight is the premier global background screening and workforce solutions provider. We bring clarity and confidence to vetting and hiring decisions through integrated, tailored solutions, driving a higher standard of accuracy in everything we do. Combining in-house talent, personalized services, and proprietary technology, we ensure the best candidate experience possible. PBSA accredited and with U.S. offices in Irvine, CA, Nashville, Tulsa, Chapin S.C., and Dallas, we offer expertise from our regional centers across 200 countries and territories in The Americas, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Our commitment to get it right every time, everywhere, makes us the trusted partner of businesses and organizations worldwide.
The Assistant General Counsel will be responsible for assisting the General Counsel in handling HireRights corporate legal affairs and governance and supporting a variety of teams across the business. She/he provides legal advice and recommendations to executives, management, and team members regarding matters of varying complexity which have or may have a material impact on business activities and operations.
- Corporate affairs, governance, and corporate secretarial function
- IPO preparation and managing all aspects of public company representation including 34 Act reporting, if IPO endeavor succeeds
- M&A and other corporate development transactions
- Diverse legal responsibilities including employment, intellectual property, and contracting
- Other duties as assigned by General Counsel
- J.D. from a nationally-recognized accredited law school
- Active state bar membership and able to qualify as Registered In-house Counsel if applicable
- Minimum seven years of experience practicing corporate and transactional law; strong preference for initial experience with a top law firm and additional substantial in-house experience, with prior roles involving executive management interaction
- Significant securities and public company experience required
- Privacy experience desired
- Self-motivated and nimble
- Works collaboratively within legal department and on cross-departmental teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibits natural leadership qualities
- Able to travel as needed
Percent of Position
Pushing & Pulling
Lifting or Carrying
HireRight offers a competitive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Life/AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous Vacation and Sick Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Business Casual Attire
- Generous Referral Program
- Employee Discounts and Rewards
- And much more!
HireRight, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabilities
HireRight provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by a team member occupying this position. Team members may be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Team members are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and team member and is subject to change by the employer as the organizational needs and requirements of the job change. This job description is subject to change at any time.
- Takes initiative to go beyond the expectations without being asked.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner.
- Uses rigorous logic and strategic methods to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Keeps skills up-to-date by staying abreast of current trends and innovations within the function.
- Sets clear and challenging goals that are aligned with the companys Strategic Priorities.
- Shows responsibility for personal productivity by overcoming obstacles and barriers to the timely completion of tasks, projects and goals.
- Performs essential job duties.
- Stays knowledgeable in current and developing policies, practices, trends, technology, products and information affecting our business.
- Focuses on compliance adherence and protects our customers, applicants, and our organization.
- Influences others behaviors and actions in a positive way.
- Acts to preserve relationships, even under difficult or heated circumstances.
- Relates well to others in an open manner at all levels in the organization.
Communicate with Purpose
- Informs others through concise and timely communications.
- Actively listens to multiple diverse groups by making an effort to hear and respond in a collaborative way.
- Demonstrates diplomacy and tact by treating internal and external customers with respect.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication in daily interactions with internal and external customers.
- Solves problems to drive a positive impact for the business.
- Identifies innovation by consistently asking questions and digging deeper.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills managing day-to- day operations.
- Implements change by adopting new processes, procedures, and products.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards change with others.
Drive Engagement & CORE4
- Recognizes differing perspectives and sees others viewpoints.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion where team members feel welcome and encouraged.
- Fosters trust and respect with others.
- Lives our CORE4 Values every day.
- Champions HireRight as a business and employer of choice internally and externally. Demonstrates a passion about their work and pride in HireRight.