Kraft Heinz, The Company
As one of the worlds largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World. Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If youre passionate like us — and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen — theres one thing to do join us.
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
Were not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. It all comes down to the way we empower our people to own their work. Its true Our employees are our competitive advantage.
As part of the Kraft Heinz family youre supported to grow and achieve. Youre recognized and rewarded for outstanding performance at every level. Youre given the opportunity to leave your mark and build legacies. But you wont do it alone. This is where our values and teamwork thrives and collaborative spirit fuels every day.
The Counsel, Global Patents position reports to Kraft Heinzs Associate General Counsel, Global Patents, who leads the Global Legal Patent Team. This position will split time between Kraft Heinzs R&D Center in Glenview, IL and the Aon Center in Chicago, IL. Some travel may be required.
- Negotiate, draft, and review technology transactions for Kraft Heinzs global R&D organization, managing outside counsel as necessary
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategies to build Kraft Heinzs global patent portfolio
- Review prior art for white space opportunities in key technology areas for Kraft Heinz
- Assist in the development and delivery of patent related trainings
- Advise Kraft Heinzs global R&D organization on patent preparation, patent procurement, and freedom to operate
- 4+ years of patent related legal experience, some in-house experience preferred
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry or a related science
- Admission to practice before the USPTO
- Experience providing day-to-day counseling for technology transactions and related legal matters
- Experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications, including identifying strategies to strengthen global patent protection
- Ability to work independently, assess risk, and identify creative solutions to difficult problems
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to interact effectively and professionally with third parties and stakeholders at all levels of the company
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited U.S. law school
- Member of the Illinois State Bar in good standing or qualified to obtain either Admission on Motion pursuant to Illinois Supreme Court Rule 705 or Limited Admission of House Counsel pursuant to Illinois Supreme Court Rule 716
Chicago/Aon Center, Glenview R&D Center