BlockFi is a high growth startup building bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants. Our mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe.
Were looking for a driven Deputy General Counsel – Corporate to oversee general corporate legal matters and manage complex structured product and lending transaction documentation. The ideal candidate is someone with expertise around financial services/lending/derivatives space and is excited about bringing depth of experience and a strategic mindset at a fast-growing crypto-focused financial services company.
If youd be interested in helping grow the BlockFi business by negotiating deals with counter parties and helping us navigate the legal landscape, we want to hear from you. This position will report directly to our General Counsel and will play a critical role in working with our Institutional team.
The ideal candidate
- A self starter with relevant in-house financial services experience and an interest in the cryptocurrency space
- Interested in navigating an emerging regulatory environment
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal skills)
- Collaborative but with strong opinions of your own
- Negotiate complex structured product and lending arrangements with institutional counter parties
- Review, negotiate, and approve vendor contracts
- Manage relationships with external legal firms
- Assist with employment-related and other general corporate legal issues
- Manage a team of high performing attorneys and other legal professionals
- At least 12 years of broad based professional U.S. legal experience, with strong experience drafting and reviewing sophisticated securitization and structured finance documentation, including loan agreements, repos, CLOs, ISDA master agreements and CSAs
- Experience working cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Ability to adapt prior experiences and knowledge to a new and ever changing environment
- Track record of supervising a high performing team