There is a reason that Clark is a leader in the construction industry. Simply put, its our people. From highways to hotels and residential housing to railways, we rely on the leadership, talents, and drive of our employees to bring great projects to light. Are you interested in becoming a part of our team? If so, take the next step and start building your career with us today. Clark is seeking a hard-working Corporate Counsel for its Mid-Atlantic region. This role is extremely hands on and client facing.
- Analyze, review and draft contracts (construction contracts, subcontracts, and other miscellaneous agreements).
- Lead negotiation efforts to achieve contract terms consistent with Clarks corporate standards.
- Provide legal guidance to corporate leadership on various business and industry related matters.
- Reports to the Deputy General Counsel and works with Senior Corporate Counsel and the team to provide legal support to Clark and its subsidiaries.
- Manage and advise on claim strategy and resolution.
- Provide training to the organization on a variety of legal topics.
- Juris Doctorate degree from a top accredited law school.
- Active bar membership (Maryland membership is not necessary).
- Approximately 4 – 6 years of law firm experience with an expertise in corporate transactional and/or government contracts matters.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Clark Construction Group, LLC, (subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Clark Construction promotes a drug-free workplace.
For more information on Equal Opportunity, you may visit this link.