At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. Youll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role:
As an Associate General Counsel on the Torc legal team you will partner with the General Counsel and assist in a wide range of legal services for the company. These opportunities to partner include providing legal counsel and advice to staff and management, as well as involvement in business transactions, commercial issues, and employment matters.
- Draft, negotiate, review, and approve agreements, transactional documents, customer and vendor agreements, licensing agreements, services agreements, confidentiality agreements and various other documents requiring legal expertise and in compliance to federal and state laws and associated government guidelines.
- Consult with the General Counsel on issues of significance to the Company and with any international matters.
- Participate in the design, development, and maintenance of corporate policies, procedures, and programs.
- Provide quality, sound, ethical and prompt legal services.
- Perform research and provide interpretations of rules, regulations, and policies.
- Investigate legal issues, thoroughly document information and activities, and manage risks associated with the companys business.
- Provide counsel and support when necessary to any internal investigations, contract disputes, or other legal matters. Provide litigation support as needed.
- Complete special projects and perform additional duties as required.
- Law degree from an accredited institution.
- Membership and good standing in a state Bar; eligibility and willingness to be admitted in Virginia under a Virginia Corporate Counsel Certificate
- At least 6 years of experience in a law firm or in-house corporate legal department with significant responsibility.
- Employment law experience desired.
- Experience advising management on legal, risks, and other issues.
- Management and leadership skills, including the ability to articulate standards and expectations as outlined in the relevant policies and procedures, and ensure that these are applied consistently.
- Experience in managing multifaceted projects using strong organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build trust and strong relationships, effectively create reports and relate data, and communicate to a diverse workforce.
- Strong business insight and judgment, team orientation and collaborative style.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to plan, develop, coordinate resources, prioritize effectively, and maintain programs and initiatives simultaneously and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive in a face-paced environment with quickly changing business needs.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines in a highly discrete and sensitive manner.
- Ability to ethically handle sensitive and confidential information with impartiality and professionalism.
Perks of Being a TORCr
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation