Friedman Real Estate seeks to hire Commercial Real Estate Transactional and Leasing Counsel with experience in a wide range of transaction-related matters. Primary responsibilities include drafting and negotiating commercial real estate purchase and sale agreements; conducting due diligence, including title, survey and environmental reviews; preparing conveyance and closing documents; reviewing and negotiating loan documents; reviewing and negotiating partnership agreements; supervising and managing entity formation documents; and assisting with corporate governance matters. The Commercial Real Estate Transactional and Leasing Counsel position will be based in the companys Farmington Hills headquarters and will work closely with company principals, department heads and other important stakeholders.
- Structure, draft and negotiate purchase and sale agreements involving office, industrial, retail, multifamily, mixed-use and land-related transactions.
- Coordinate all aspects of each transaction from letter of intent through closing, including conducting due diligence, monitoring contingencies, conducting title, survey and environmental reviews, preparing title objections, addressing zoning issues, clearing title and survey matters, and preparing conveyancing and closing documents.
- Review and negotiate commercial loan documents including promissory notes, loan agreements and partner guarantees.
- Oversee all entity formation activities as well as the drafting and negotiation of all entity governance documents including operating agreements, tenant-in-common agreements and various types of joint venture agreements.
- Handle all aspects of 1031 exchanges including drafting of documents and coordination with the exchange accommodator.
- Assist with the preparation and negotiation of commercial lease agreements, amendments, subleases and assignments.
- Assist with various legal issues associated with court-appointed receivership, property management, facilities management, brokerage, and construction.
- Provide legal analysis, strategy and solutions in a legally sound manner that balances risks with achievement of the companys general business goals and objectives.
- JD from an accredited law school.
- Be in good standing as an active member of at least one state bar.
- At least 3-6 years of transactional commercial real estate experience that demonstrates an ability to independently structure, draft, negotiate, manage and close sophisticated real estate deals.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills,
- Ability to multi-task and to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of general corporate matters and contract law, with knowledge of real estate finance and acquisition (including promissory notes, mortgages, title insurance, surveys, loan closing), residential real estate and property management preferred.
- Experience with managing corporate filings, distressed real estate, CMBS loans, Special Servicers, receiverships, bankruptcy, commercial real estate finance, commercial condominium documents, planned unit developments, zoning changes and variances, entitlement procurement, annexation agreements, subdivision agreements, and development agreements for projects of all kinds.
Friedman Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.
We Are Friedman Real Estate
Friedman Real Estate is a full-service real estate company and has been serving our clients for over 30 years! We do business in over 20 states and are proudly one of the Midwest’s largest commercial real estate organizations. We offer a full range of services that include: multi-family management, commercial brokerage, property and asset management, investment and loan sale advisory, space planning and design, construction and project management, graphic design and marketing in addition to a vast array of advisory services.
We manage more than 140 commercial properties encompassing more than 16M SF and more than 10,000 apartment homes throughout the United States. Our brokerage team has over 800 current listings with $10 billion in closed transactions.
Awarded as Crains Coolest Places to work at, Metro Detroits 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work for, and to be recognized as Detroit Free Presses Top Workplaces
We Value Our Employees
We love making our employees feel valued, and our competitive compensation and full benefit packages show it! We offer Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance plans, Delta Dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), over three weeks of vacation time, 10 paid holidays, and many other benefits.
We Have Friedman Fun
- Friedman Swag
- Wellness activities
- Continuing education reimbursement benefits
- Referral bonuses for new employees and new business
- Charitable activities that give back to our communities
- Recognition program to celebrate the successes all year long
- Training seminars for leadership and professional development
- Employee activities planned throughout the year: such as BBQs, holiday parties, frozen yogurt Fridays